Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Closes Right Media Deal
Yahoo has closed the $650 million acquisition of Right Media that was announced in April.
- Visual Sciences Retains Goldman, Sachs & Co
In response to a number of unsolicited queries about acquiring them, the company has retained Goldman, Sachs & Co to manage those queries, and evaluate their next steps.
- SEW Experts: Call for Production Value Standards in Search Marketing Videos
Grant Crowell conducts a survey of the top-20 videos on YouTube and comes to the conclusion that our industry needs the same professional standards for search marketing videos as we hold for our Web sites.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Downgraded by Google for Search Spam, Squidoo Cleans House, ClickZ
- Share of Voice in Search, ClickZ
- Getting Into Google, Search Engine Guide
- Google AdSense For Mobile Begins Limited Beta, Search Engine Land
- Using SEO for Better Paid Search Results, and Vice Versa, Search Engine Journal
- Squidoo Slap: Principles to Consider, Traffick
- Random Surfer Theory, Smart Keywords
- Superpages Added to IM-Based Local Search Service, The Kelsey Group
- Comparing the ROI of Online vs Offline Investments, SEO Book
- Can Google Be Beat? They Already Have Been in South Korea, Read/Write Web
- Pig Asking Pig How to Eat? Yahoo…., SEM ClubHouse
- Should SMBs Be Worried About Google's Universal Search?, SearchRank
- Ostriches beware, being an expert in search is no longer enough, Think About Search
- Version 2 of the Mobile Search application released, LiveSide
- Incisive Media Launches Mortgage Industry Search Engine, Bill Hartzer
- SEM & Analytics - The Love vs. Hate Relationship Continues, SEM Geek
- Rumor report: Microsoft looking to buy Facebook, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Online Reputation Management: What You Need to Know, SEO-space
- Facebook - Who's doing your SEO?, Distilled
- Page View - a dying metric?, The Online Marketing Guy
- The power of Adsense unveiled : ultimate Adsense beginner guide, Performancing
- Search Engine Marketing Strategy Guide (SMM SEM SEO) - Part 1, Social Media Systems
- Coming Soon: The Exposure to Conversion Report, DART Search Blog
- Social Networking ROI: Measuring the Impact of C2C, ClickZ
- Organic Search and the Password Paradox, ClickZ
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!