Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Closes Right Media Deal
Yahoo has closed the $650 million acquisition of Right Media that was announced in April.
- Visual Sciences Retains Goldman, Sachs & Co
In response to a number of unsolicited queries about acquiring them, the company has retained Goldman, Sachs & Co to manage those queries, and evaluate their next steps.
- SEW Experts: Call for Production Value Standards in Search Marketing Videos
Grant Crowell conducts a survey of the top-20 videos on YouTube and comes to the conclusion that our industry needs the same professional standards for search marketing videos as we hold for our Web sites.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Downgraded by Google for Search Spam, Squidoo Cleans House, ClickZ
- Share of Voice in Search, ClickZ
- Getting Into Google, Search Engine Guide
- Google AdSense For Mobile Begins Limited Beta, Search Engine Land
- Using SEO for Better Paid Search Results, and Vice Versa, Search Engine Journal
- Squidoo Slap: Principles to Consider, Traffick
- Random Surfer Theory, Smart Keywords
- Superpages Added to IM-Based Local Search Service, The Kelsey Group
- Comparing the ROI of Online vs Offline Investments, SEO Book
- Can Google Be Beat? They Already Have Been in South Korea, Read/Write Web
- Pig Asking Pig How to Eat? Yahoo…., SEM ClubHouse
- Should SMBs Be Worried About Google's Universal Search?, SearchRank
- Ostriches beware, being an expert in search is no longer enough, Think About Search
- Version 2 of the Mobile Search application released, LiveSide
- Incisive Media Launches Mortgage Industry Search Engine, Bill Hartzer
- SEM & Analytics - The Love vs. Hate Relationship Continues, SEM Geek
- Rumor report: Microsoft looking to buy Facebook, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- Online Reputation Management: What You Need to Know, SEO-space
- Facebook - Who's doing your SEO?, Distilled
- Page View - a dying metric?, The Online Marketing Guy
- The power of Adsense unveiled : ultimate Adsense beginner guide, Performancing
- Search Engine Marketing Strategy Guide (SMM SEM SEO) - Part 1, Social Media Systems
- Coming Soon: The Exposure to Conversion Report, DART Search Blog
- Social Networking ROI: Measuring the Impact of C2C, ClickZ
- Organic Search and the Password Paradox, ClickZ
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.