Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft adCenter Adds Negative Keyword Tool
After a false start last month, Microsoft this weekend upgraded adCenter and gave advertisers the ability to add negative keywords at the campaign level, instead of just at the ad group level within campaigns.
- Google Sets Expiration on Cookies
Instead of the permanent expiration date of 2038, they will now auto expire after 2 years of non-usage.
- ToDou: China's YouTube Adds Advertising, Gets Venture Capital
ToDou, the Chinese equivalent to YouTube, announced the launch of an ad serving platform, as well as the acquisition of $19 million in venture capital.
- Incisive Events Coming This Summer
Coming up are three Search Engine Strategies events, and one ClickZ Specifics event which may be of interest to some of our readers.
- Google Confirms Mobile AdSense Beta
The monetization product for mobile publishers is currently in a limited beta test.
- Interview with Unica's Rand Schulman
Eric Enge sits down with Rand Schulman to speak at length about recent events in the web analytics industry.
- Google Responds To Aussie Fraud Claims
Google Australia says it believes these claims are without merit and vows to defend against them vigorously.
- AdSense Adds CPA Ads With CPC, CMP Ads
CPA had been offered as a beta to a number of advertisers but it seems a bunch more are seeing this on their sites.
- SEW Experts: Boosting CTRs in a Search Fragmenting World
Tony Wright reports further on the fragmentation of search with reader-submitted tips and some of his own. Here's what you can do to keep your CTRs up.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Facebook lawsuit that hasn't gone away, VentureBeat
- Inside Facebook, NFO (News Feed Optimization) is the new SEO, Inside Facebook
- Backfence: Lessons Learned, Recovering Journalist
- Microsoft adCenter: For SEM and SEO, Part 3, ClickZ
- Microsoft On Search Gains & Live Search Club, Search Engine Land
- Needs Assessment: Key 1st Step For Successful Search Marketing, Search Engine Land
- How To Define Web 3.0, How to Split an Atom
- Why Do the Other Search Engines Bother to Compete?, Search Engine Roundtable
- 5 Quick Ways To Optimize For Local Search, Search Engine Journal
- June 2007 Paid Search Market Share: Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- I am no longer an SEO, SEO Scoop
- Krillion Localizes E-Commerce with SEO, The Kelsey Group
- Jingle Scores with SuperPages Relationship, Local Mobile Search
- Search Engine Marketing is Bogus for Sites That Simply Don't Function, Cre8pc
- Yahoo Earnings–There's Got to Be a Morning After?, All Things Digital
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!