Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Planning Mobile Media Search Engine?
Google is reportedly planning to launch a mobile media search engine to help consumers find and buy ringtones, games and other mobile content.
- Microsoft Adds Ask Sponsored Listings to Office Live Ad Management
Using adManager, small businesses can buy and manage search ads from a simplified interface. Previously, the ad options were Microsoft's MSN Network and Live Search.
- Google to Offer Hosted Custom Site Search for Businesses
Google has launched a program offering small businesses hosted site search with its Google Custom Search Business Edition, an enhanced version of its Custom Search Engine (CSE) service launched last fall.
- BidClix Closing Doors July 31
BidClix, recently purchased by aQuantive, will cease to exist on July 31.
- Best of the Web announces B2BSoftware.com
Best of the Web has expanded their offerings by entering the vertical search market with the launch of B2Bsoftware.com.
- It Takes More Than A Village
As anyone publishing a web site knows, you have a front row seat when it comes to observing a multitude of visitor behaviors. Yet, when it comes to advertising, we continue to profile site visitors in such an unsophisticated manner.
- SEW Experts: Creating Synergy in Your SEO Efforts
Mark Jackson discusses the key components of successful SEO, showing you how on-site optimization efforts work together to accomplish a common goal.
- SEW Experts: Don't Panic Over Sudden Traffic Changes
Aaron Shear tries to ease the fears of a sudden algorithmic traffic change. Shear has been there, done that, and provides some advice for meeting panic from the executive suite.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Optimizing Content for Universal Search, Search Engine Guide
- Cognition Search: Formula for “Meaning” in Search, Search Engine Journal
- Myspace China and MSN China Become Partners, Search Engine Journal
- A "Google Slap", Search Engine Roundtable
- The AdWords Ad Optimization Process - Little Changes Have a Big Effect, SEOmoz
- NBC Placing "Multiple Bets" on Social Media - Do They Lack Focus?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Microsoft: We have the searchers; now we need the searches, All About Microsoft
- Facebook Will Sit Tight, As It Should, A VC
- Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems, Ars Technica
- SEO Tips & Tactics From A Wikipedia Insider, Search Engine Land
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.