Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Planning Mobile Media Search Engine?
Google is reportedly planning to launch a mobile media search engine to help consumers find and buy ringtones, games and other mobile content.
- Microsoft Adds Ask Sponsored Listings to Office Live Ad Management
Using adManager, small businesses can buy and manage search ads from a simplified interface. Previously, the ad options were Microsoft's MSN Network and Live Search.
- Google to Offer Hosted Custom Site Search for Businesses
Google has launched a program offering small businesses hosted site search with its Google Custom Search Business Edition, an enhanced version of its Custom Search Engine (CSE) service launched last fall.
- BidClix Closing Doors July 31
BidClix, recently purchased by aQuantive, will cease to exist on July 31.
- Best of the Web announces B2BSoftware.com
Best of the Web has expanded their offerings by entering the vertical search market with the launch of B2Bsoftware.com.
- It Takes More Than A Village
As anyone publishing a web site knows, you have a front row seat when it comes to observing a multitude of visitor behaviors. Yet, when it comes to advertising, we continue to profile site visitors in such an unsophisticated manner.
- SEW Experts: Creating Synergy in Your SEO Efforts
Mark Jackson discusses the key components of successful SEO, showing you how on-site optimization efforts work together to accomplish a common goal.
- SEW Experts: Don't Panic Over Sudden Traffic Changes
Aaron Shear tries to ease the fears of a sudden algorithmic traffic change. Shear has been there, done that, and provides some advice for meeting panic from the executive suite.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Optimizing Content for Universal Search, Search Engine Guide
- Cognition Search: Formula for “Meaning” in Search, Search Engine Journal
- Myspace China and MSN China Become Partners, Search Engine Journal
- A "Google Slap", Search Engine Roundtable
- The AdWords Ad Optimization Process - Little Changes Have a Big Effect, SEOmoz
- NBC Placing "Multiple Bets" on Social Media - Do They Lack Focus?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Microsoft: We have the searchers; now we need the searches, All About Microsoft
- Facebook Will Sit Tight, As It Should, A VC
- Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems, Ars Technica
- SEO Tips & Tactics From A Wikipedia Insider, Search Engine Land
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.