Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hyper-Local Gets a Vote of Confidence
Dallas based Hyper local news and events site Pegasus News has announced it will be acquired by Fisher Communications.
- Matt Cutts Seeking Search Bugs
Matt Cutts is asking for anyone that is aware of any search engine bugs to post them in comments on his blog.
- FoodieView Is Recipe Search Engine, Restaurant Review
If you have some chicken breast in the fridge and want a new way to cook them, then FoodieView.com may be the search engine for you.
- Yahoo Buys Part of Indian Ad Company Tyroo
The purchase of a major portion of Tyroo, the Indian online ad company, is seen as a further push into the fast growing Indian market.
- Gmail Holding A T-Shirt Design Competition With Sweet Prizes
Gmail with online "do-it-yourself" t-shirt design/printer Threadless has started a competition to design the Gmail t-shirt.
- Google Readies To Photograph America
Gizmodo has posted pictures of an armada of cars with mounted photo equipment taken at Google HQ.
- Home Design Vertical Search
Convera and Nielsen Business announced earlier this month that they are partnering on a new vertical search engine for the Kitchen and Bath industry. The site can be found at KitchenandBathSearch.com.
- Blinkx to Include Content from Pyro.TV
Over the past few months the video search marketplace has resembled a homesteading land rush, as video search players strike deal after deal with content sources and aggregators.
- Speak Softly And Carry A Big Stick
So who is quietly trying to solve your search and discovery problem? Librarians.
- Yahoo Q2 Post Slight Decline, Yang To "Put Back On Winning Path"
Despite posting a slight decline from last year's numbers in their Q2 report yesterday, Yahoo CEO Jerry Yang intends to put the company back on "a winning path."
- SEW Experts: Housebreaking the Search
Kevin Ryan struggles with search marketing for grown-ups.
- SEW Experts: Analyzing Data to Lower Your CPA
Eric Enge takes on the challenge of optimizing a PPC campaign, showing you one way to lower your cost-per-acquisition by analyzing the data.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- It's time for a more serious Facebook, InformationWorld Review
- Local.com: Hearst Apparently Sells Entire 22% Stake, Barron's Online
- Eye On You: Google Streetview Camera Car Fleet Set to Invade America, Gizmodo
- Personalized, Universal and Optimized, ClickZ
- Search Engine Optimization: Do It Yourself or Farm It Out?, Bruce Clay Blog
- Why Small Businesses Need SEO to be Successful, Search Engine Journal
- How to capture one of the largest target audiences ever...Women., Search Engine Guide
- What Semantic Search Isn't, Mike Moran
- The first rule of indexing: make sure you're letting the site be indexed., Vanessa Fox
- Competing With Google Search, Read/Write Web
- The ABCs of SEM, Searching Beyond the Paid
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!