Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hyper-Local Gets a Vote of Confidence
Dallas based Hyper local news and events site Pegasus News has announced it will be acquired by Fisher Communications.
- Matt Cutts Seeking Search Bugs
Matt Cutts is asking for anyone that is aware of any search engine bugs to post them in comments on his blog.
- FoodieView Is Recipe Search Engine, Restaurant Review
If you have some chicken breast in the fridge and want a new way to cook them, then FoodieView.com may be the search engine for you.
- Yahoo Buys Part of Indian Ad Company Tyroo
The purchase of a major portion of Tyroo, the Indian online ad company, is seen as a further push into the fast growing Indian market.
- Gmail Holding A T-Shirt Design Competition With Sweet Prizes
Gmail with online "do-it-yourself" t-shirt design/printer Threadless has started a competition to design the Gmail t-shirt.
- Google Readies To Photograph America
Gizmodo has posted pictures of an armada of cars with mounted photo equipment taken at Google HQ.
- Home Design Vertical Search
Convera and Nielsen Business announced earlier this month that they are partnering on a new vertical search engine for the Kitchen and Bath industry. The site can be found at KitchenandBathSearch.com.
- Blinkx to Include Content from Pyro.TV
Over the past few months the video search marketplace has resembled a homesteading land rush, as video search players strike deal after deal with content sources and aggregators.
- Speak Softly And Carry A Big Stick
So who is quietly trying to solve your search and discovery problem? Librarians.
- Yahoo Q2 Post Slight Decline, Yang To "Put Back On Winning Path"
Despite posting a slight decline from last year's numbers in their Q2 report yesterday, Yahoo CEO Jerry Yang intends to put the company back on "a winning path."
- SEW Experts: Housebreaking the Search
Kevin Ryan struggles with search marketing for grown-ups.
- SEW Experts: Analyzing Data to Lower Your CPA
Eric Enge takes on the challenge of optimizing a PPC campaign, showing you one way to lower your cost-per-acquisition by analyzing the data.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- It's time for a more serious Facebook, InformationWorld Review
- Local.com: Hearst Apparently Sells Entire 22% Stake, Barron's Online
- Eye On You: Google Streetview Camera Car Fleet Set to Invade America, Gizmodo
- Personalized, Universal and Optimized, ClickZ
- Search Engine Optimization: Do It Yourself or Farm It Out?, Bruce Clay Blog
- Why Small Businesses Need SEO to be Successful, Search Engine Journal
- How to capture one of the largest target audiences ever...Women., Search Engine Guide
- What Semantic Search Isn't, Mike Moran
- The first rule of indexing: make sure you're letting the site be indexed., Vanessa Fox
- Competing With Google Search, Read/Write Web
- The ABCs of SEM, Searching Beyond the Paid
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!