Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Expands Newspaper Ads
Google has opened up its Print Ads program to all AdWords customers, giving them the ability to purchase ads in approximately 225 U.S.-based newspapers.
- Report: Click Fraud Up to 15.8% Last Quarter
According to the latest Click Fraud Index report from Click Forensics, the overall industry average pay-per-click fraud rate rose to 15.8 percent for the second quarter of 2007. This is an increase from 14.1 percent for the same quarter in 2006 and 14.8 percent for Q1 2007.
- Local.com Acquires PremierGuide
Local.com has picked up B2B local directory provider PremierGuide for a about $2 million. PremierGuide offers white-label business directories to local publishers, such as newspapers, radio and TV stations, and regional sites.
- Google-DoubleClick Deal Faces Congressional Scrutiny
Google execs will be called to defend the potential $3.1 billion acquisition of DoubleClick before both House and Senate Subcommittees
- SEW Experts: Creating Link Love With Informational Videos
Sage Lewis gives some advice for creating B2B videos that can create a lot of link love.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- When Ignorance Isn't Bliss: What You Don't Know About Your Web Site Can Hurt You, Search Engine Land
- Living with Google Book Search digitisation, Information World Review
- The iPhone and Local Search Marketing, ClickZ
- What 'Time on Site' Means for Online Media, ClickZ
- Google Stops "Related Links" Service, Google Blogoscoped
- Breaking: Facebook Acquires Parakey, Inside Facebook
- Should We Worry About Bots Inflating Google AdSense Impressions?, Search Engine Roundtable
- 5 Books all Search Marketers Should Read, SEOmoz
- 7 Reasons Why Search Engines Don't Return Relevant Results 100% of the Time, SEOmoz
- Link Building Styles : Presell Pages, Articles, Resources & Press Releases, Search Engine Journal
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!*
*Early Bird Rates expire April 17.