Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Link Building is a Permanent Investment
I occasionally end up speaking with webmasters who thing of link building as an activity that you do for a while, and then you stop, or slow down. It's a mistake, and it's not one that you want to make.
- Google Results Good, But Not Good Enough?
Google reported its second-quarter results yesterday, which showed rapid revenue growth and strength in its business. Unfortunately for Google, expenses rose more than analysts expected, and profits fell short of expectations.
- SEW Experts: Getting Started in Local Search
Gregg Stewart introduces a new column, Local Search, with information on how to get started in finding cost-effective leads and developing a media plan.
- SEW Experts: The Guts of an Enterprise-Level Web Analytics Audit
Chris Boggs gives you the lowdown on a site side analytics audit, to help you overcome one of the biggest problems faced by large companies: knowing how to interpret Web analytics data.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Powerset and hakia - Quest For The Semantic Web, Read/Write Web
- Facebook Acquires Web OS Company Parakey, Read/Write Web
- The Long Tail of SEO Theory, SEO Theory
- Patent reform, supported by Microsoft, moves forward, Don Dodge
- You need a Search Engine Marketer, not an SEO, John W Ellis
- Getting Started in Domaining (and a Domain Finding Trick), Solo SEO
- Why Warren Buffet Recommends You Invest In Domain Names (and How to Apply His Investment Style to Domaining), Tropical SEO
- Search Engines Crawling FAQs to Learn How to Answer Questions?, SEO by the Sea
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!