Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Link Building is a Permanent Investment
I occasionally end up speaking with webmasters who thing of link building as an activity that you do for a while, and then you stop, or slow down. It's a mistake, and it's not one that you want to make.
- Google Results Good, But Not Good Enough?
Google reported its second-quarter results yesterday, which showed rapid revenue growth and strength in its business. Unfortunately for Google, expenses rose more than analysts expected, and profits fell short of expectations.
- SEW Experts: Getting Started in Local Search
Gregg Stewart introduces a new column, Local Search, with information on how to get started in finding cost-effective leads and developing a media plan.
- SEW Experts: The Guts of an Enterprise-Level Web Analytics Audit
Chris Boggs gives you the lowdown on a site side analytics audit, to help you overcome one of the biggest problems faced by large companies: knowing how to interpret Web analytics data.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Powerset and hakia - Quest For The Semantic Web, Read/Write Web
- Facebook Acquires Web OS Company Parakey, Read/Write Web
- The Long Tail of SEO Theory, SEO Theory
- Patent reform, supported by Microsoft, moves forward, Don Dodge
- You need a Search Engine Marketer, not an SEO, John W Ellis
- Getting Started in Domaining (and a Domain Finding Trick), Solo SEO
- Why Warren Buffet Recommends You Invest In Domain Names (and How to Apply His Investment Style to Domaining), Tropical SEO
- Search Engines Crawling FAQs to Learn How to Answer Questions?, SEO by the Sea
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!