Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hot Site Facebook's CEO Accused Of Stealing Idea
Mark Zuckerberg, owner of Facebook, will discover next week whether he faces legal action for claims he stole the idea for the $1bn website.
- ClickSurge's New Content Widget To Monetize Traffic Adds Pixsy Image Search
MediaRiver's ClickSurge, a relatively new entry into the content monetization industry, has partnered with Pixsy to help add image search to publishing sites.
- Ask Adds AskEraser To Maintain User Privacy, Microsoft Joins Them To Evolve Privacy Procedures
Microsoft and Ask.com are proposing that leading search providers, online advertising companies and privacy advocates convene to engage in an active dialogue to discuss privacy considerations.
- 17% of marketers buy ads in return for news coverage
According to a survey from PRWeek and Manning Selvage & Lee Marketing, 17% of senior marketers say their companies have bought advertising in return for a news story.
- Interview with Robert Scoble
Eric Enge talks with the uber-blogger about dealing with information overload, what's hot in social media, Facebook, whether or not Google can be beaten at the search game, and what Yahoo! and Microsoft should do with their strategies.
- New Look, New Awards
We've updated the look and feel, and hopefully made both SEW and ClickZ (along with their respective newsletters) more usable and navigable.
- SEW Experts: Do You Really Need to Overhaul Your Landing Pages?
Tony Wright tells you how to determine whether or not it's really necessary to spend the summer doldrums tweaking landing pages.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Bizarre Economics of Search Marketing Services, SEOmoz
- Seeing Through the Bearishness About 'Hyperlocal', Traffick
- Search Engines and Favoritism, Google Operating System
- Search Engines Take Privacy Issue Seriously, Search Engine Journal
- 5 Pros and Cons of SEO Consultant vs Agency, Online Marketing Blog
- ClickZ Relaunches, Mike Grehan Reloads on Universal Search, Cre8pc
- Aftervote will end Mahalo, DaveN
- Yahoo! Continues Down “The Path”, SEO Revolution
- Spotting the Once Sacred Cows, Metamend
- Understand SEO pricing and get a good SEO company, Improve the Web
- Facebook, Why Marketers Should Pay Attention To It, Search Marketing Gurus
- Is Facebook Worth the Hype?, Read/Write Web
- Customer Surveys: A Powerful Link Building Tool, Search Engine Land
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR (and SEO), ClickZ
- Questions for Facebook VP of Media Sales Mike Murphy, ClickZ
- Google Identifying Personal Search Results Again?, Search Commander
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.