Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Is DMOZ Delisting Sites Up For Sale?
There is a discussion going on at DigitalPoint that suggests DMOZ is delisting sites they find to be for sale.
- iRazoo: Human-Powered Search Engine With Prizes
Incentivized search is not new, but it usually was a bogus engine asking people to click and share some minor income. The newly launched engine iRazoo seems to be a different model (not unique), though it has some initial detractors.
- Yahoo Europe Beta Testing PPC Quality Score Ranking
Yahoo has begun upgrading advertisers to the new system and will continue to do so in waves to ensure a smooth transition to the new system.
- Google Earth Catches Chinese Sub, May Hurt With China Relations
Google, like the internet in general, has a delicate relationship with the Chinese government, and this latest blunder will impact it.
- Matt Cutts Calls For Webmaster Central Features Ideas
Matt has received over a thousand responses in under 24 hours and the news has not even been fully disseminated yet.
- New Report from WebAnalyticsDemystified
WebAnalyticsDemystified has released an important new report titled: The Problem with Free Web Analytics.
- Superpages Launches Local Video Ads
Idearc's Superpages has launched a beta trial of local video ads on its yellow pages directory.
- SEW Experts: Quarterly Site Review: MDC Wallcoverings
Mark Jackson examines a reader-submitted Web site, suggesting how it can be optimized.
- SEW Experts: Don't be a Local-Yokel — Enhance Your Local Business Listings
Carrie Hill shows you how to enhance your local listings in Google Maps and Yahoo Local to bring more traffic to your site.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Personalized AdWords: Google Ads You See Influenced By Previous Searches, Search Engine Land
- So How Many Domains did YOU buy This Month?, Johnon
- 5 Tips to Effective SEO Keyword Research Analysis, 15 Digital Marketing
- Google Nixes Click to Call, Screenwerk
- Trusted Site SEO: Build Trust Authority SEO, SEO Theory
- Pronet Advertising's 4 Steps to Success, Pronet Advertising
- IAB Financials: A Peek Behind the Curtain, ClickZ
- Get Educated in Web Analytics, ClickZ
- Feedburner Under Google Could Spell Trouble, ClickZ
- Should Stronger Keywords Subsidize Weaker Keywords?, Search Engine Land
- Underscores are now word separators, proclaims Google, CNET News
- AOL to get a buyout?, Valleywag
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!