Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Is DMOZ Delisting Sites Up For Sale?
There is a discussion going on at DigitalPoint that suggests DMOZ is delisting sites they find to be for sale.
- iRazoo: Human-Powered Search Engine With Prizes
Incentivized search is not new, but it usually was a bogus engine asking people to click and share some minor income. The newly launched engine iRazoo seems to be a different model (not unique), though it has some initial detractors.
- Yahoo Europe Beta Testing PPC Quality Score Ranking
Yahoo has begun upgrading advertisers to the new system and will continue to do so in waves to ensure a smooth transition to the new system.
- Google Earth Catches Chinese Sub, May Hurt With China Relations
Google, like the internet in general, has a delicate relationship with the Chinese government, and this latest blunder will impact it.
- Matt Cutts Calls For Webmaster Central Features Ideas
Matt has received over a thousand responses in under 24 hours and the news has not even been fully disseminated yet.
- New Report from WebAnalyticsDemystified
WebAnalyticsDemystified has released an important new report titled: The Problem with Free Web Analytics.
- Superpages Launches Local Video Ads
Idearc's Superpages has launched a beta trial of local video ads on its yellow pages directory.
- SEW Experts: Quarterly Site Review: MDC Wallcoverings
Mark Jackson examines a reader-submitted Web site, suggesting how it can be optimized.
- SEW Experts: Don't be a Local-Yokel — Enhance Your Local Business Listings
Carrie Hill shows you how to enhance your local listings in Google Maps and Yahoo Local to bring more traffic to your site.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Personalized AdWords: Google Ads You See Influenced By Previous Searches, Search Engine Land
- So How Many Domains did YOU buy This Month?, Johnon
- 5 Tips to Effective SEO Keyword Research Analysis, 15 Digital Marketing
- Google Nixes Click to Call, Screenwerk
- Trusted Site SEO: Build Trust Authority SEO, SEO Theory
- Pronet Advertising's 4 Steps to Success, Pronet Advertising
- IAB Financials: A Peek Behind the Curtain, ClickZ
- Get Educated in Web Analytics, ClickZ
- Feedburner Under Google Could Spell Trouble, ClickZ
- Should Stronger Keywords Subsidize Weaker Keywords?, Search Engine Land
- Underscores are now word separators, proclaims Google, CNET News
- AOL to get a buyout?, Valleywag
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.