Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Wants an Ad Exchange Too
Not to be left out of the ad exchange party, Microsoft plans to acquire AdECN, an online ad exchange similar to Right Media (acquired by Yahoo) and DoubleClick's (soon to be acquired by Google).
- AdSense Offers Help For Forum Marketing
Inside AdSense, the Google blog dedicated to information about their publishing advertising product, posted an article "Getting your forum site to perform well with AdSense" today.
- Internet TV Startup Veoh Networks Names ex-Yahoo Mitgang as CEO
Veoh Networks, an Internet TV startup that launched in February, has named former Yahoo SVP Steve Mitgang as CEO.
- Business.com Acquired by Yellow Pages Publisher
Print and online Yellow Pages publisher R.H. Donnelley Corp. has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Business.com for $345 million.
- Web Analytics Shootout: Unica's Affinium NetInsight
Eric Enge, president of Stone Temple Consulting (and SEW Expert and blogger), continues his 2007 Web Analytics Shootout series with a review of Unica's Affinium NetInsight Web analytics package.
- Nominate Now - ClickZ's Decade of Achievement Awards
We want you to weigh in on the 10 companies, products, services and people who have made the greatest contribution to interactive marketing and advertising (including search, of course).
- Behavioral Targeting Trots Along
Search is essentially a direct marketing vehicle, text-based and sold in a CPC economy. BT is essentially a branding vehicle, banner-based and sold in a CPM world. So why does BT matter to searchers?
- SEW Experts: 7 Tips for Training Link Developers
Justilien Gaspard offers 7 tips for training link developers that range from promoting creativity to teaching negotiation tactics.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Semantic search with Hakia, CognitionSearch and Powerset, Information World Review
- Living with Google Book Search digitisation, Information World Review
- US info pros plug into Web 2.0 computing, Information World Review
- We have been very busy here at SES, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Judges Reminds ConnectU they Need Actual Evidence to Sue Facebook, Marketing Pilgrim
- Judge unimpressed by ConnectU's case against Facebook, News.com
- Search Engines Innovate, Why Not SEMs?, Search Insider
- SEO MythBuster Revisited: Inbound Links, SEO Refugee
- Improve Your Conversion Rates, Yahoo Search Marketing blog
- The Impact of Ad Overlap, Google CPG Blog
- Local Search Isn't Just About Where You Rank, Search Engine Guide
- Optimizing for Local Businesses, YOUmoz
- Report Generating SEOs, Ramblings About SEO
- Keyword Research for Organic SEO, Stepforth SEO
- Microsoft tries to close gap with new ad, search group, Todd Bishop's Microsoft Blog
- FCC Says Wireless Could be America's "Third Pipe", Daily Tech
- Microsoft Says AdECN Exchange Buy to Compete at Scale with Google, ClickZ
- Small Publishers Shun Google to Sell Direct, ClickZ
- How We Prepare our Schedule for Search Conference Live Blogging, Search Engine Roundtable
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!