Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- New Yahoo comScore Study on Shopping Behavior
The study released this week reaffirms that shoppers who pre-shop products on the Web in fact purchase more at off-line stores.
- What Else Can You Do to Get Indexed?
SEOs pay a lot of attention to issues like duplicate content, link building, and link structure. But they might want to think more about proper Web development methodology.
- 11 Cool Things with HBX Analytics
Eric Enge continues his series on Web analytics applications.
- SEW Experts: Taking Off at SES Travel Edition
Kevin Ryan returns from the recent SES Travel event in Seattle with carry on, sage advice.
- SEW Experts: The Impact of Comparison Shopping Sites on E-Commerce Sales
Eric Enge discusses comparison-shopping sites, and their impact on buying decisions, resulting in shorter conversion times.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Strong Media and Ad Results Lurk Within Lukewarm Q4 for IAC, ClickZ
- Google Targets Search Ads on Prior Queries, Ã la Behavioral, ClickZ
- Massive Yahoo Retail Study Affirms 'ROBO' (Local) Consumer Behavior, Search Engine Land
- Managing Search Marketing Campaigns With Social Media Tools, Search Engine Land
- Can My Yahoo Compete With Facebook and iGoogle?, Read/Write Web
- Answer these Ten Questions Before You Charge for SEO Services, SEOmoz
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!