Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Commission Junction Offering Search Marketing Services
Affiliate marketing giant Commission Junction wants to start offering search marketing services.
- LookSmart Loses CEO Hills
LookSmart's CEO David Hills resigned effective today, but will continue in an advisor capacity until a replacement is chosen.
- Cross Linking Between Sites
Before you begin cross-linking sites, consider the user's perspective and whether the crosslinks provide value.
- Camoflage Your PPC Ads From Competitors
EngineReady has shared a great tip about camoflaging your ppc ads from your competitors
- Google's New Behavioral Targeting For AdWords Reviewed
Zachary Rodgers over at ClickZ has written a good overview of the recent addition of behavioral targeting by Google AdWords.
- The Gphone and Mobile Local Search
The Wall Street Journal reports today that we could be getting closer to the realization of the long-rumored Google phone.
- Hug the Reservations
If you listen to some of the Travel Search competitors, then you might come to this same conclusion too. The prime opportunities are "hugging" or driving demand for travel reservations.
- SEW Experts: Understanding the Definition of Link Building
Sage Lewis gives you his definition of link building, and by understanding that definition, you can create a link-building campaign that is truly effective.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Digital Visibility Is Key to Local Search Success, ClickZ
- How Google Failed to Hide Supplemental Results, Halfdeck
- Search Is Just One of Many Marketing Concerns, Fathom SEO
- How to Find if a Page is in Google's Secret Supplemental Results., Jim Boykin
- Breaking "Auction Order" Explained, Gord Hotchkiss
- Your ROI is Not the Only ROI That Matters, Search Engine Guide
- Answers to Ten SEO Questions & Some New Questions from Danny Sullivan, SEOmoz
- My Favorite Traffic and Backlink Attraction Method, SEO Scoop
- Speculation: A Yahoo!-eBay Merger Makes Sense, Read/Write Web
- Google browser rumors resurrected, Natural Search Blog
- Single Point of Failure, SEO Black Hat
- The SEO Tremor Effect, SEO Theory
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!