Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Algo Change Hurting Larger Sites
Seems recent changes at Google have impacted some of the larger established players on the web.
- Bye Bye Supplemental
Predictably, the Google post announcing that the supplemental label is gone has predictable resulted in a firestorm of commentary.
- Congress To Investigate Yahoo's Role In China Arrest
House Foreign Affairs Chairman Tom Lantos ordered an investigation after documents were released that raised questions about what Yahoo knew when it shared information with authorities about a Chinese journalist.
- SEW Experts: Travel Search: Up Close and Personal
SES Travel Edition organizer Elisabeth Osmeloski gives you an update on trends in the travel search industry.
- SEW Experts: SEM Support Tools for Enterprise-Level Projects
Chris Boggs tells you about the latest SEO tools for enterprise-level projects and diagnostic tools that provide site-specific SEO recommendations.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Are You Overlooking Optimization Opportunities?, Search Engine Guide
- Bruce Clay Inc. Sounds Off On Supplemental, Bruce Clay Blog
- It's Not Just Google That Treats Underscores Like Dashes, Search Engine Land
- 9 Wishes For a Better Yahoo, Online Marketing Blog
- Vintage Search Engine Strategies San Jose, Online Marketing Blog
- 5 Ways an SEO Can Make More Money (That Have Nothing to Do with Google), Tropical SEO
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 5 December to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.