Google's strengths may also be its weaknesses, according to the Forbes article "How To Beat Google To Tech Talent." Google is seen by many as the ultimate employer, and Google has developed a lengthy hiring process to make sure it gets the "best of the best" talent.
A recruiter shares with Forbes some ways that Google's high standards and lengthy hiring process can actually be seen as vulnerabilities to be exploited by other companies trying to hire the limited talent available:
- Google's consensus-driven hiring process is slow. Act quickly and give limited-time job offers.
- Google has high academic standards. Target students outside the top tier or those from non-elite schools.
- Google's consensus-driven approach introduces the potential for one person to sink a candidate. Target socially awkward but brilliant engineers.
- Google stockholders reacted negatively to its recent hiring binge. Expect their pace to slow.
- Google stock shot high since its IPO, but may be leveling out. Give new hires an opportunity to share in your potential growth.
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!