Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Is an Ask-Microsoft Partnership on the Horizon?
Ask.com and parent IAC have been cozying up to Microsoft lately, leading to the question of what will become of the current 5-year-old partnership Ask.com has with Google once it comes up for renewal at the end of the year.
- Beating Google at the Hiring Game
A recruiter shares with Forbes some ways that Google's high standards and lengthy hiring process can actually be seen as vulnerabilities to be exploited by other companies trying to hire the limited talent available.
- Yahoo Continues Search Suggestions Rollout
Yahoo has been on a search refinement kick lately, which continued on Friday with the release of Search Suggest for Yahoo Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
- Rebecca Lieb Interview
Eric Enge interviews Rebecca Lieb, Editor in Chief of the ClickZ network, which includes Search Engine Watch.
- SEW Experts: Microsoft adCenter Could Win the Search Battle
Tony Wright explains why he thinks Microsoft adCenter can win the search wars -- if it can scale the audience.
- Hacks In Gmail Disclosed At Black Hat Convention
The Black Hat convention In Las Vegas disclosed vulnerabilities in Gmail and other cookie-based e-mail programs.
- AdWords Editor 4.0 Released With New Features
Google announced Friday the release of AdWords Editor 4.0. This version has a number of new features and many upgrades to the existing features.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- What Plaxo did next, Information World Review
- Answers.com Draws Attention to Google Dance, ClickZ
- IAC Leaves DoubleClick for Atlas, ClickZ
- Is Everything You Know About Social Advertising Wrong?, ClickZ
- Analyze This, That, and the Other, ClickZ
- Trendspotting with Popular Search Sources & a New Tool from SEOmoz to Help, SEOmoz
- When to Respond to Criticism, and When to Keep Quiet, SEOmoz
- Building Ask's Traffic: It's The Toolbar, Stupid!, Search Engine Land
- Alternative Engines Competition, AltSearchEngines
- Here Comes the GPhone, Kelsey Group
- ShopLocal and ‘The Trillion Dollar' Marketplace, Screenwerk
- OJR's 'five guide' to do-it-yourself website usability testing, Online Journalism Review
- adsense vs. fb: apps & oranges, Evans Ink
- Google's desperate gamble, SEO Theory
- The measured nonsense of SEO relevance, SEO Theory
- Where to Start for a New Web Entrepreneur, SEO Black Hat
- I Suspect a Change in Google PR Calculation Principles, IrishWonder
- Are We Seeing A New Trend Against The Almighty Google?, The Conceptualist
- Dmoz Rewards Smart Domainers, Domainer's Gazette
- Answers.com Loses Significant Google Traffic Despite Google Definition Links, Search Engine Land
- Personalized Search - All's Well or Orwell?, Search Engine Guide
- The Strength of Weak Ties and Search, Search Engine Guide
- Improving Your Google Quality Score, Search Engine Guide
- Searching for Multiple Perspectives, Google Operating System
- Increase your ROI with Google Performance Placement Reports and Search Query Reports, Google Blogoscoped
- Server location, cross-linking, and Web 2.0 technology thoughts, Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Imagine no search engines, it's easy if you try…, Fathom SEO
- If You Like Inaccuracy, You'll LOVE Alexa!, SEO Chicks
- SEO in 2007: Organizational & Cultural Challenges of SEO, SEO-Space
- Hello! I Could Use a Little Team Effort Here!, E-Marketing Performance
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!