Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Hearst to Acquire Social Shopping Site Kaboodle
Newspaper and magazine giant Hearst Corp. has agreed to acquire social shopping site Kaboodle. It will fit into the Hearst Interactive Media and Hearst Magazines Digital Media units.
- Spock Launches Today
The long awaited public unveiling of Spock, the people search engine, takes place today.
- SEW Experts: Yellow Pages and Search
Kevin Ryan explains that yellow pages directories and search engines are hopelessly intertwined as directories feed search queries and search queries feed directories. A new spin on the old book might just connect the dots.
- SEW Experts: SEO Site Design Improves User Experience and Site Performance
Eric Enge shows you the value of improving the user experience by implementing SEO in your site design while testing design elements with analytics.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- MIVA to Cut Its Own Ad Spend, ClickZ
- SEM Vendors and Vertical Markets: Advice for Clients and Agencies, ClickZ
- Google's Universal Search Spells Opportunity For B2B, Search Engine Land
- Web search engines get personal, BBC News
- Click-Through Rates in the SERPs - What Are the Real Numbers?, SEOmoz
- Evolving Requirements For SEO, Search Insider
- New Guide to Panama from Mona Elesseily, SiteProNews
- On Supplemental Results, Partitioned Indexing, and Extended Indexes, SEO by the Sea
- Give your potential customers content to read., Jim Boykin
- Learn How You Can Write Mind-Grabbing Titles and Get Traffic and Links: The Ultimate Guide, Improve the Web
- Build Keyword Relevancy Through Off Page Optimization, Search Engine Journal
- Time to Coin an SEO Phrase? Tight Pages, Johnon
- Linking Building 101 & 201, SEO Revolution
- 7 Types of SEO Blogger – Which are You?, Site Visibility
- SEO - Vital to Small Business, Solo SEO
- Don't Overlook The Essentials Of Business Startup, Practical ECommerce
- Top 10 Search Terms in 10 Categories, July 2007, ClickZ
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.