Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Completes aQuantive Acquisition
Microsoft has completed the acquisition of aQuantive, and has created a new Advertiser and Publisher Solutions (APS) Group to fit it in.
- Small Business Owners can Learn SEO
Small business people can -- and should -- learn SEO, as illustrated by a San Diego chiropractor and Matt Cutts.
- Google shuts down paid video clips
It appears that Google may have acted in advance of their originally announced August 15 date and already phased out its paid program.
- Search Engine Strategies Updates
Search Engine Strategies San Jose is just a week away. Everyone who's ready for an intense week of immersion in the latest and greatest thinking in the search industry (not to mention the heroic levels of drinking that seems to always go along with it), raise your hand.
- Open Those Gates Already
How search-engine friendly are the Top 100 U.S. newspapers on the web? Not enough.
- SEW Experts: Google's Local Search Land Grab
Tony Wright tells you how you can help Google to digitize local search information, and help yourself in the process.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Gannett Launches Local Mobile Sites, WebProNews
- Search In The Year 2010, Search Engine Land
- Bill Day: 'My Role as Marchex's Chief Media Officer', The Local Onliner
- SEO, Time Travel, and Custom Web Content., We Build Pages
- The Google Honeymoon Is More Than Over, Smart-Keywords
- Special Report: Search Engines in Stealth Mode, AltSearchEngines
- Geolocation: Core To The Local Space And Key To Click-Fraud Detection, Search Engine Land
- Microsoft Driving Game Promotes Live Search Maps Service, ClickZ
- Free SEO Consultations, ClickZ
- Can Search Help Account Planning?, ClickZ
- Facebook Grows Up , Newsweek
- Mahalo Follow: Toolbar Gives You Human-Powered Alternatives To Searching, Surfing, Search Engine Land
- Lemonade Monday: Mahalo as a platform; What should Mahalo's API include and what should our license be?, Calacanis.com
- How to Take Advantage of the Coming Web 2.0 Crash, SEOmoz
- Swoogle : An Engine for the Semantic Web, Search Engine Journal
- Competitive SEO Evaluations: Individual Keyword Phrase Analysis, Search Engine Guide
- How Does a Small Business Compete?, Mike Moran
- Linkjuicy.com - A Site About Links, Search Engine Blog
- Advanced Link Building - An Interview With Fantomaster, LinkJuicy
- A Bedtime Story (or The Future of Search), AltSearchEngines
- Hey SEO: Raise Your Rates, You're Worth More!, John Andrews
- What Should Marchex Do?, The Conceptualist
- Duct Tape SEO: How To Fix Optimization That Breaks, SEO Theory
- People are stupid, SEOassassin Negative SEO Blog
- User Generated Content, the new source for business listings and map databases?, Exploring Local
- Is Wikipedia Corrupt?, Search Engine Guide
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.