As we noted in June, one of the first things Kevin Ryan did when he joined Incisive Media as the new VP and global content director for Search Engine Strategies was to begin developing an advisory board for the SES conferences, consisting of individuals from the industry and beyond, to help Kevin and our programming and operations teams guide the direction of future conferences.
Today, the first group of 15 advisors has been named to the SES Advisory Board, focusing on the U.S. Search Engine Strategies events:
- Anne Kennedy, Managing Partner, Beyond Ink
- Jeff Levick, Director, Global Industry Development and Marketing, Google
- Gregg Stewart, Senior Vice President, Interactive, TMP Directional Marketing
- Jeff Ferguson, Director of Online Marketing, Napster
- Randy Peterson, Search Marketing Innovation Manager, Proctor and Gamble
- Steven Kaufman, Senior Vice President, Media Director, Digitas
- Sandeep Aggarwal, Senior Equity Research Analyst, Oppenheimer & Co.
- Ron Belanger, Vice President of Agency Development, Yahoo Search Marketing
- Chris Henger, Vice President, Affiliate Marketing, Performics
- James M. Lamberti, Senior Vice President, Search and Media, comScore Networks
- Carol Kruse, Vice President, Global Interactive Marketing, The Coca-Cola Co.
- Jeannie Moran, eCommerce Marketing Director, AutoNation
- Erynn Petersen, Senior Manager, Advertising Platform Evangelism, Microsoft
- Jocelyn Griffing, Senior Vice President, Online Media, Icon International
- Pauline Ores, Senior Marketing Manager, Community and Collaboration Strategy, Global Small & Midmarket Business, IBM
The board includes thought leaders from leading packaged goods, automotive, entertainment and electronics brands to augment the efforts of the existing SES faculty in delivering the timeliest information on search and integrated marketing. They will meet regularly to work with event chairs and existing SES contributors to guide content for future events. The initial board members will serve for a year, after which the board may be expanded, Ryan said.
"We were looking for a balance of the old guard with new members with the potential to bring new ideas and thought processes to the show," Ryan said. "Everybody involved is highly steeped in search, and many Advisory Board members have been doing paid search or SEO for more than 10 years."
If you've got suggestions for Kevin or the SES Advisory Board, please share them in the SEW Forums.
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!