Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Retailers Not Paying Enough Attention to SEO
A new study from Oneupweb finds that the Top 100 retailers are not paying enough attention to SEO for their Web sites.
- SES Advisory Board Members Named
Today, the first group of 15 advisors has been named to the SES Advisory Board, focusing on the U.S. Search Engine Strategies events.
- Market Motive - A new option for learning about Online Marketing
John Marshall, Michael Stebbins, and Avinash Kaushik announced today the founding of Market Motive, a new venture which aims to provide a variety of online educational services focused on online marketing.
- Aaron Wall Looks Inside Mind Of Google Engineer
Using a much more educated and sarcastic spin on the New York Times article about Google's search engineers, Aaron Wall has given some insight into many of the factors Google engineers deal with.
- Yahoo! Local Gets a Facelift
Many of these changes represent a new effort to bring out user generated content, and to motivate users to participate in user reviews.
- Women of SEO Luncheon Monday August 20
Li Evans at Marketing Gurus is organizing a Women of Search luncheon Monday August 20 during SES.
- SES: The Benefits of Repeat Visits
According to Craig Paddock, who has attended 17 consecutive U.S. SES events, there are benefits for repeat visitors.
- Dynamic URLs and Crawlers
There has long been a myth out there that search engine crawlers don't like dynamic web pages. A better way to say it is that search engine crawlers don't really like lots of parameters on URLs.
- SEW Experts: Google vs. the World
Kevin Ryan is here to tell you that privacy is dead and your future lies in everyone else's hands.
- SEW Experts: Survey-Based Customer Satisfaction Tool
Eric Enge tells you about a Web-based tool that can help you learn what customers think about your site, and which areas are in need of an upgrade.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Things That Bug Me Regarding Those Who Sell Links, SearchRank
- PubCon Street Tips: Giving a Kick Ass Presentation With a Hangover, PubCon
- Holiday Shopping: Wrap It Up, ClickZ
- Get What You Paid For: Add Social Media, ClickZ
- PubSub: They're Baaaaack, TechCrunch
- Facebook Opens Up Their Data Feeds, TechCrunch
- Ask.com on the Upswing, NYT Bits
- Women's Luncheon at SES San Jose!, Search Marketing Gurus
- 12 Tips to Optimize Your Networking at Search Conferences, SEOmoz
- SEO Services: Value Meal or Consulting that Provides Value?, Online Marketing Blog
- More on SEO, Marketing Pilgrim
- Yahoo Local Gets A Sophisticated Makeover, Search Engine Land
- In-house Party at SES San Jose 2007, SEM In-house
- Why the Overture Keyword Tool Needs to Be Put Out of it's Misery, Site Visibility
- The brand new Yahoo! Local – Hidden Features, Locally Type
- Scott Karp Launches Journalist-Powered News Aggregator (I Think)., Deep Jive Interests
- Yahoo Tactics Associating Geographic Search with Searcher Location, SEO by the Sea
- Mahalo Follow Feedback, Calacanis.com
- Bebo overtakes MySpace in the UK, ZDNet Social Web
- SEO Quick Reference Sheet, Shimon Sandler
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!