Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Optimizing your SES San Jose Schedule
Still trying to figure out which of the 73 sessions to attend at next week's Search Engine Strategies conference? Let Greg Jarboe guide you with his optimized schedules for paid- and organic-focused search marketers.
- Interview with Danny Sullivan
Danny has been telling people for years that vertical search and personalization are coming, but now that they are both here he wonders "what do I tell them now?"
- SEW Experts: Integration: Key Element of Link Building
Sage Lewis discusses a key element of link building: integration, the process of incorporating something special into your Web site to attract linking partners.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Management Shuffle at Facebook, BoomTown
- Leveraging Existing Assets For B2B SEO, Search Engine Land
- Lower Keyword Focus To Improve Search Engine Rankings, Search Engine Land
- FIM Expands Partnerships with Local Affiliates for Ad, Content Management, ClickZ
- B2B and B2C Marketers Can Learn From Each Other, ClickZ
- Customer Satisfaction with Search Engines, ClickZ
- The Great Advertising Share Shift: Google Sucks Life Out Of Old Media, Internet Outsider
- A Look at What It Takes To Run an SES Conference, High Rankings Advisor
- 5 Sure Fire Signs Your SEO/SEM Is Blowing Smoke, Search Marketing Gurus
- Part Two: Advanced Linking Interview With Fantomaster, Link Juicy
- How Google Maps Can Effect SEO, Local Search, and Reputation Management, Search Anyway
- Search ‘Only' 5% of Online Activity - Why Is That Bad?, Fathom SEO
- Budgeting for SEO, Karcher Group
- Please tell me where to go…, Johnon.com
- Content Development for Large Web Sites, Ramblings About SEO
- Implementing Analytics: Don't Forget the Small Stuff, Search Engine Guide
- Becoming A Media Darling, Search Engine Guide
- Extra Curricular Events at Search Engine Strategies San Jose 2007 (and Party Thread), Search Engine Roundtable
- The Art of Buying Links Under the Radar, SEOmoz
- Power To The (Local) People, Yahoo Search Blog
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!