Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- ComScore to Expand qSearch Measurement Service Beyond Traditional Search Sites
Market research provider comScore today updated its qSearch 2.0 measurement service to dramatically expand the number and kinds of properties being measured.
- Offline Ads Surprisingly Influential to Searchers
According to a new study by Jupiter Research and iProspect, a surprising two-thirds of searchers are led to search on a given keyword as a result of offline marketing.
- Compete Launches Pay-as-You-Go Pricing
Compete today announced the upcoming launch of a new pay-as-you-go search analytics service designed to give smaller companies access to competitive research data for a per-usage fee.
- SEW Experts: The Long Tail Is Dead -- Long Live the Long Tail
Tony Wright has some tips for playing the long tail in today's SEM market, given that search is not the well-kept secret it once was, and targeting the long tail is becoming harder to do.
- Journalists use search to research companies and trends
According to a new survey of survey of over 1,100 journalists, search engines remain the top ranked means for researching companies and trends.
- Is Microsoft Live Search Broken?
Seems people are seeing referred traffic from some weird keyword searches at Live search.
- AdSense Randomly Testing Ads On Publishers' Sites?
I have seen two forum conversations about random, uncoded AdSense ads appearing on people's sites.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo's Exec Departures: Brain Drain or Natural Exodus?, ClickZ
- American Airlines Files Trademark Infringement Case Against Google, ClickZ
- 19 reasons not to read my SEO blog, Cornwall SEO
- Tis the Season to Start Optimizing for the Holidays, Search Engine Guide
- Google PageRank & Play-Doh, Search Engine Journal
- SEO is More Important Than Ever, Search Engine Guide
- Rumor: Was the Gdrive Release Canceled?, Google Blogoscoped
- Aggressively Seeking Links: How Much Is Too Much?, Search Engine Land
- Google Launches Answers in China, Read/Write Web
- IAB, DMA, and SEO: WTF?, SEO Speedwagon
- Don't let SEO distract you from Business, Johnon
- 10 Truths About Obtaining Better Google Rankings, 15 Digital Marketing
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!