Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Kevin Heisler Joins SEW as Executive Editor
Most recently, Kevin was search analyst at Jupiter Research.
- SES San Jose Coverage, Day 1
a collection of coverage of this week's Search Engine Strategies event.
- Google Maps can now be integrated using HTML
Google announced today that they have simplified the method for integrating Google Maps on to your web site.
- We All Love Widgets
There's plenty of exuberance about widgets, but how do publishers decide which widgets matter?
- SEW Experts: Which Hat Should I Wear?
Mark Jackson looks at various considerations for determining which type of SEO may be best suited for your needs.
- SEW Experts: Won't You Be My Neighbor?
Carrie Hill tells you how to build a well-focused Web site to maximize traffic and succeed in a competitive online marketplace.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google Disconnects Grand Central Customers, TechCrunch
- Some thoughts on Mahalo, skrentablog
- SEO's are from Mars – Domainers are from Uranus, Jim Boykin
- What REALLY Makes a Top SEO: The Ultimate Abbreviated Top 10 Wishlist, SEOmoz
- Why You Shouldn't Turn In Your Competitors, SEO Chicks
- Query Eyed for the Straight Keyword Results, SEM Geek 8/21 (sd)
- Microsoft Opens Content Ads Beta to All AdCenter Advertisers, ClickZ
- ComScore Dives Deeper Into Search Metrics, ClickZ
- Defining Web Analytics, ClickZ
- Big-Time Black Hat, ClickZ
- New Rumors Surface On Microsoft Buying Yahoo After Ballmer-Rose Interview, Search Engine Land
- An update on Google Video feedback, Google Blog
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.