Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Can PPC Help Your Organic Rankings?
Do PPC listings affect your organic rankings? No, but one of the best ways to increase your organic traffic is to start an aggressive PPC campaign.
- How Many Vandals?
Exactly 187,529 different organizations have made at least one anonymous Wikipedia edit. But were they all vandals?
- Yahoo to Offer Dynamic URL Rewriting
Yahoo is addressing the needs of site owners with dynamic URLs with some new features in Site Explorer.
- Some tidbits from SES San Jose
So many opportunities ... and so little time, but that, after all, is what makes it fun and interesting.
- Microsoft to Offer Content Ads to All Advertisers
Microsoft's contextual ad units, previously available to a limited number of advertisers in a year-old pilot program, will soon be available to all U.S. advertisers.
- SEW Experts: Public Relations Train Wrecks
Kevin Ryan reports in from SES on the press and search optimization controversy.
- SEW Experts: Review of "Web Analytics, An Hour a Day"
Eric Enge reviews Avinash Kaushik's basic philosophy of Web analytics as defined in his new book, which helps you learn how to view analytics the right way.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Universal Search Revealed: How SEO is Changing, SearchAnyway
- Low B2B Click-Through-Rate: Inexperience Or Wisdom?, Search Engine Land
- When To Work With Agencies, Search Engine Land
- YouTube Introduces 'InVideo' Ads, ClickZ
- SEMDirector Partners with DoubleClick, WebTrends, ClickZ
- Selling SEM Upstream in the Enterprise, ClickZ
- Archive Your B2B E-Newsletters for SEO Success, ClickZ
- Google Earth Goes Beyond the Sky, Search Engine Journal
- Schmidt: Google will 'Probably' Bid on Spectrum, GigaOm
- Internet users too trusting of search engine results, Information World Review
- Google now zaps faces, license plates on Map Street View, CNET
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!