Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Changing Trademark Policy For PPC Advertising
The heart of the trademark policy is unchanged, Microsoft reported, but they will not keep lists of approved affiliates, etc.
- SEW Experts: A Tale of Two City Guides
Michael Boland reviews recent plans announced by Yahoo Local and CitySearch to enhance features and content, making local search a more competitive landscape.
- SEW Experts: Playing Dirty With PPC
Rob Kerry gives in-house SEMs a few black hat PPC tricks, to help them keep up with competitors that choose to play dirty.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Dear Google, SEOmoz
- Leveraging Facebook for Business, Marketing Pilgrim
- SEO 101 from SES San Jose, CShel
- SES - The ABT's of Search, Pepperjam Blog
- Could You Be Delivering Ads of Your Choosing for Google in the Future?, SEO by the Sea
- Microsoft Promises Webmasters a Live Search Portal, Search Engine Roundtable
- Measuring Search Engine Marketing as a Channel, SEM Angel
- The Best SEO Article I've Read All Year, Performancing
- Tafiti: Slick and Somewhat Unusable, Deep Jive Interests
- Do a Search Engine Optimization Audit on Your Blog, ProBlogger
- Introducing Sky in Google Earth, Google Research blog
- Eric Schmidt at PFF: what Internet freedom means to us, Google Public Policy Blog
- Not Such Great Expectations - or - The Client Who Got Away, SEO Igloo
- Are Paid Links Evil? I'm Sick Of The Question, Fathom SEO
- Link Building Opportunities Are Everywhere If You're Paying Attention, The Van Blog
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!