Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Changing Trademark Policy For PPC Advertising
The heart of the trademark policy is unchanged, Microsoft reported, but they will not keep lists of approved affiliates, etc.
- SEW Experts: A Tale of Two City Guides
Michael Boland reviews recent plans announced by Yahoo Local and CitySearch to enhance features and content, making local search a more competitive landscape.
- SEW Experts: Playing Dirty With PPC
Rob Kerry gives in-house SEMs a few black hat PPC tricks, to help them keep up with competitors that choose to play dirty.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Dear Google, SEOmoz
- Leveraging Facebook for Business, Marketing Pilgrim
- SEO 101 from SES San Jose, CShel
- SES - The ABT's of Search, Pepperjam Blog
- Could You Be Delivering Ads of Your Choosing for Google in the Future?, SEO by the Sea
- Microsoft Promises Webmasters a Live Search Portal, Search Engine Roundtable
- Measuring Search Engine Marketing as a Channel, SEM Angel
- The Best SEO Article I've Read All Year, Performancing
- Tafiti: Slick and Somewhat Unusable, Deep Jive Interests
- Do a Search Engine Optimization Audit on Your Blog, ProBlogger
- Introducing Sky in Google Earth, Google Research blog
- Eric Schmidt at PFF: what Internet freedom means to us, Google Public Policy Blog
- Not Such Great Expectations - or - The Client Who Got Away, SEO Igloo
- Are Paid Links Evil? I'm Sick Of The Question, Fathom SEO
- Link Building Opportunities Are Everywhere If You're Paying Attention, The Van Blog
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.