Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Scoble Predicts Google Death By Facebook
Blogger Robert Scoble boldly outlines a future search engine combination of Facebook-Techmeme-Mahalo technology that will spell doom for Google.
- Compete announces Best-In-Show SES 2007 Awards
Alex Patriquin has posted the winner's of the Best-In-Show 2007 SES Awards on the Compete Blog.
- Search and Offline Converge
At Search Engine Strategies in San Jose last week, ClickZ editor Matthew Nelson saw lots of evidence of the interaction between search with other media.
- SEW Experts: Tips for Being a Great PPC Client
Tony Wright tells you what it takes to be a great PPC client, getting the most out of the client-agency relationship.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo!, Microsoft ink web pact with Chinese government, The Register
- New Local Search Destination Grayboxx Officially Launches, Search Engine Land
- Spotting Unnatural Linking Patterns, Search Engine Land
- Why Mahalo, TechMeme, and Facebook are going to kick Google's butt in four years, Scobleizer
- Bloglines Launches Beta Re-design and Start Page, Read/Write Web
- Should the Net forget?, Rough Type
- Search as a Branding Vehicle, ClickZ
- You Don't Know Jack About Web Site Usability, ClickZ
- White Hats, Black Hats and Thinking Caps, Search Engine Guide
- On Personalized PageRank and Personalized Anchor Text Scores, SEO by the Sea
- Why do we accept low conversion rates?, SEO Scoop
- Two Golden Rules of Blogging, Ramblings About SEO
- Understanding the Google, Johnon.com
- Paid Links - Good or bad - a UK SEO perspective, E-Gain
- When Branding and SEO Collide: A True Fairy Tale, YOUmoz
- 6 Reasons Why In-House Search Engine Marketing Is Super-Effective, Searching Beyond the Paid
- It's the World Wide Web, Not the US Wide Web!, 15 Degrees North
- Sample SEO and Web Marketing RFP, The Karcher Group
- Visual Sciences Site Search 5.0: Now You Control the Search Results, Bill Hartzer
- Reign of Bread and Whip. The New Google Aristrocrathy
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!