Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Scoble Predicts Google Death By Facebook
Blogger Robert Scoble boldly outlines a future search engine combination of Facebook-Techmeme-Mahalo technology that will spell doom for Google.
- Compete announces Best-In-Show SES 2007 Awards
Alex Patriquin has posted the winner's of the Best-In-Show 2007 SES Awards on the Compete Blog.
- Search and Offline Converge
At Search Engine Strategies in San Jose last week, ClickZ editor Matthew Nelson saw lots of evidence of the interaction between search with other media.
- SEW Experts: Tips for Being a Great PPC Client
Tony Wright tells you what it takes to be a great PPC client, getting the most out of the client-agency relationship.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Yahoo!, Microsoft ink web pact with Chinese government, The Register
- New Local Search Destination Grayboxx Officially Launches, Search Engine Land
- Spotting Unnatural Linking Patterns, Search Engine Land
- Why Mahalo, TechMeme, and Facebook are going to kick Google's butt in four years, Scobleizer
- Bloglines Launches Beta Re-design and Start Page, Read/Write Web
- Should the Net forget?, Rough Type
- Search as a Branding Vehicle, ClickZ
- You Don't Know Jack About Web Site Usability, ClickZ
- White Hats, Black Hats and Thinking Caps, Search Engine Guide
- On Personalized PageRank and Personalized Anchor Text Scores, SEO by the Sea
- Why do we accept low conversion rates?, SEO Scoop
- Two Golden Rules of Blogging, Ramblings About SEO
- Understanding the Google, Johnon.com
- Paid Links - Good or bad - a UK SEO perspective, E-Gain
- When Branding and SEO Collide: A True Fairy Tale, YOUmoz
- 6 Reasons Why In-House Search Engine Marketing Is Super-Effective, Searching Beyond the Paid
- It's the World Wide Web, Not the US Wide Web!, 15 Degrees North
- Sample SEO and Web Marketing RFP, The Karcher Group
- Visual Sciences Site Search 5.0: Now You Control the Search Results, Bill Hartzer
- Reign of Bread and Whip. The New Google Aristrocrathy
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.