Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo, Now with More Local Listings
Directory Publisher R.H. Donnelley announced today that it will partner with Yahoo to give its advertisers more substantial presence on Yahoo Local.
- Keep an Eye on Image Search
Image search is playing an increasingly important role in search engine optimization, and SEOs should develop strategies for optimizing a web site to receive this type of traffic.
- Yahoo Support for Dynamic URL Rewriting
After years of helping people get rid of Session IDs on their URLs, this is a really great thing to see.
- What People Reveal
The updates you share at college reunions would be different than your chats with daily running buddies. Likewise, your communications on social sites seem to vary too.
- SEW Experts: Tools of the Trade
Mark Jackson recommends several useful tools for running an effective search engine optimization campaign.
- SEW Experts: Scaling Your Big Business Internationally
Aaron Shear tells you what to expect when expanding your business internationally.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Cool New Yahoo! Search Marketing System Enhancements, Search Engine Land
- Pursuing the Web Strategy mission as a Forrester Analyst, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- The Promise & Reality Of Mixing The Social Graph With Search Engines, Search Engine Land
- Mahalo, Techmeme, and Facebook will not "kick Google's butt", Valleywag
- Search engine startups - IPO, M&A, or flameout?, Don Dodge
- Feeding Your Inner Geek - Top Tips to Getting To Conferences, Pubcon Blog
- Stop Digging Where There Are No SEO Potatoes, Closed Loop Marketing
- Spoking About The Perfect Hub Strategy, SEO Theory
- Does the Federal Government Hate Search Engines?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Eyetracking Shows Web Audience Ignores Ads, Marketing Pilgrim
- Banner Blindness: Old and New Findings, Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox
- A Corrupt DMOZ Editor, Google Blogoscoped
- The Domaining Revolution: Lessons From The Domain Roundtable, Search Engine Guide
- SEO Overhauls with CSS: If You Rebuild It They Will Come, 15 Digital Marketing
- Yahoo! Local and R.H. Donnelley Expand Relationship, Bill Hartzer
- The Eight Most Important Lessons I've Learnt as an SEO Trainee, Apple Pie & Custard
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!