Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo, Now with More Local Listings
Directory Publisher R.H. Donnelley announced today that it will partner with Yahoo to give its advertisers more substantial presence on Yahoo Local.
- Keep an Eye on Image Search
Image search is playing an increasingly important role in search engine optimization, and SEOs should develop strategies for optimizing a web site to receive this type of traffic.
- Yahoo Support for Dynamic URL Rewriting
After years of helping people get rid of Session IDs on their URLs, this is a really great thing to see.
- What People Reveal
The updates you share at college reunions would be different than your chats with daily running buddies. Likewise, your communications on social sites seem to vary too.
- SEW Experts: Tools of the Trade
Mark Jackson recommends several useful tools for running an effective search engine optimization campaign.
- SEW Experts: Scaling Your Big Business Internationally
Aaron Shear tells you what to expect when expanding your business internationally.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Cool New Yahoo! Search Marketing System Enhancements, Search Engine Land
- Pursuing the Web Strategy mission as a Forrester Analyst, Web Strategy by Jeremiah
- The Promise & Reality Of Mixing The Social Graph With Search Engines, Search Engine Land
- Mahalo, Techmeme, and Facebook will not "kick Google's butt", Valleywag
- Search engine startups - IPO, M&A, or flameout?, Don Dodge
- Feeding Your Inner Geek - Top Tips to Getting To Conferences, Pubcon Blog
- Stop Digging Where There Are No SEO Potatoes, Closed Loop Marketing
- Spoking About The Perfect Hub Strategy, SEO Theory
- Does the Federal Government Hate Search Engines?, Marketing Pilgrim
- Eyetracking Shows Web Audience Ignores Ads, Marketing Pilgrim
- Banner Blindness: Old and New Findings, Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox
- A Corrupt DMOZ Editor, Google Blogoscoped
- The Domaining Revolution: Lessons From The Domain Roundtable, Search Engine Guide
- SEO Overhauls with CSS: If You Rebuild It They Will Come, 15 Digital Marketing
- Yahoo! Local and R.H. Donnelley Expand Relationship, Bill Hartzer
- The Eight Most Important Lessons I've Learnt as an SEO Trainee, Apple Pie & Custard
Know your Ambiguous Customer: Effective Multi-Channel Tracking
Wednesday, June 5 at 1pm ET - Learn why a move from the "batch and blast" email approach enables better conversations with your customers.
Register today - don't miss this free webinar!