Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google, Yahoo! and Server Status Codes 404 and 410
Both Google and Yahoo treat server codes 404 and 410 as though they are the same. But they are not the same.
- New Yahoo! Shortcuts Announced
Yahoo! announced the addition of 3 new enhanced shortcuts designed to refine searches more rapidly.
- SEW Experts: Waiting for Google to Exhale
Kevin Ryan asks what universal search and refined paid search are really changing.
- SEW Experts: Segmenting Site Visitors to Enhance Conversions
Eric Enge tells you how to segment your site visitors for actionable analyses that are so important for Web site success.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Importance of Web Analytics Standards, ClickZ
- Three Reasons Not to Read This SEO Column, ClickZ
- SEO & Physical Fitness Metaphors, Search Engine Journal
- Introducing Google's In-car Local Search, Search Engine Journal
- SES Chicago 2007, Paris and Beyond, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Online? Offline? Integrate!, Search Engine Guide
- B2B Engagement Matters: Seven Ways to Keep ‘Em Coming Back for More, Search Engine Land
- The Competition that Just Won't Budge, SEOmoz
- Defend Fair Use Initiative, Google Blogoscoped
- Search Keywords = Sales. Why not use them in other advertising?, Webmama
- In House SEOs: Don't Make the Same Mistake I Did, YOUmoz
- Image Search Important? I Think Not!, YOUmoz
- In-car Google Local Search with BMW ConnectedDrive, Google Lat Long Blog
- Domain Names for Bootstrappers, Domain Name Wire
- Another Side of Google, Cre8pc
- Usability Lesson at SES San Jose, Cre8pc
- SEO Services - What to Expect ?, DaveN
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!