Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google, Yahoo! and Server Status Codes 404 and 410
Both Google and Yahoo treat server codes 404 and 410 as though they are the same. But they are not the same.
- New Yahoo! Shortcuts Announced
Yahoo! announced the addition of 3 new enhanced shortcuts designed to refine searches more rapidly.
- SEW Experts: Waiting for Google to Exhale
Kevin Ryan asks what universal search and refined paid search are really changing.
- SEW Experts: Segmenting Site Visitors to Enhance Conversions
Eric Enge tells you how to segment your site visitors for actionable analyses that are so important for Web site success.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Importance of Web Analytics Standards, ClickZ
- Three Reasons Not to Read This SEO Column, ClickZ
- SEO & Physical Fitness Metaphors, Search Engine Journal
- Introducing Google's In-car Local Search, Search Engine Journal
- SES Chicago 2007, Paris and Beyond, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Online? Offline? Integrate!, Search Engine Guide
- B2B Engagement Matters: Seven Ways to Keep ‘Em Coming Back for More, Search Engine Land
- The Competition that Just Won't Budge, SEOmoz
- Defend Fair Use Initiative, Google Blogoscoped
- Search Keywords = Sales. Why not use them in other advertising?, Webmama
- In House SEOs: Don't Make the Same Mistake I Did, YOUmoz
- Image Search Important? I Think Not!, YOUmoz
- In-car Google Local Search with BMW ConnectedDrive, Google Lat Long Blog
- Domain Names for Bootstrappers, Domain Name Wire
- Another Side of Google, Cre8pc
- Usability Lesson at SES San Jose, Cre8pc
- SEO Services - What to Expect ?, DaveN
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!