Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft to Update Trademark Dispute Handling in adCenter
the way Microsoft deals with trademark infringement accusations against advertisers will change starting on September 10
- The Economist Examines Google
Google is hated and feared by many, as The Economist outlines, but it seems it is their motto of "Do No Evil" that gets people annoyed.
- Yahoo Adds New Features To Panama
Twenty ads per ad group and the ability to view performance numbers, as well as edit, copy, delete and create new ads, tightens the user experience.
- Search engine to aid diagnoses
A diagnostic search engine is being used at the University of Virginia hospital.
- Google Adds China.com As Search Partner
Google announced it will partner with Chinese internet service provider, China.com to provide search results for the site's portal and China.com's search results.
- NoFollow as an SEO Optimization Tool
Matt Cutts suggests that you can freely use NoFollow within your own site to control PageRank flow, including on your own internal links, without fear of it being seen as a poor quality signal by Google.
- More Exec Moves at Yahoo
Yahoo, which has undergone a few rounds of reorganization this year, is in the midst of more changes in its ad sales business.
- SEW Experts: The Great Link Buying Debate
Sage Lewis reviews the arguments for and against buying links, which was a hot topic at SES San Jose last week.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Top Ten Organic SEO Myths, Search Engine Land
- How Well Do You Brand Yourself, E-Marketing Performance
- Does SEO need to evolve?, E-Gain
- SEO Dream Team, Rhea Drysdale
- Matt Cutts on Nofollow, Links-Per-Page and the Value of Directories, SEOmoz
- A Successful Viral Campaign Relies on Knowing Your Audience, Search Engine Guide
- Lesson #2 from the Dark Side of Usability, Closed Loop Marketing
- Life After Supplemental, YOUmoz
- Revisited: The Art of SEO, High Rankings Advisor
- Measuring Local Search, ClickZ
- CNN.com Goes with Google, ClickZ
- New Reorg at Yahoo, Captain of Search/Display Integration to Depart, ClickZ
- seo in a web 2.0 startup world, Vanessa Fox
- Google Releases Adsense Feature and Then Pulls It, SEO Scoop
- The Domaining Revolution: Lessons From The Domain Roundtable, Search Engine Guide
- Some Clarity on Paid Links, Ramblings About SEO
- Does Google Hate Search Engine Optimization?, Bruce Clay Blog
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.