Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Tighten the Coupling: Text Ads and Videos
As online videos and their consumption continue ramping up, we should consider this coupling as more than an afterthought.
- "Prom Queen: Summer Heat" – the blinkx interview
Grant Crowell interviews Suranga Chandratillake, founder and CEO of the video search engine blinkx, on their partnership with media studio Vuguru, their exclusive broadcast of the Emmy-nominated video series "Prom Queen," and the future of video content and search.
- Who Makes Your SEO Dream Team
Rhea Drysdale blogged her SEO Dream Team including many of the usual suspects. Who would you pick if limited to a team of seven?
- SEW Experts: In-House Vs. Outsourced: What Is the Best Solution?
Chris Boggs ponders the relationship between in-house and agency search experts, asking the question, "Can't we all just get along?"
- SEW Experts: Crafting a Social Media Strategy Around Travel
Elisabeth Osmeloski tells travel site providers how to take advantage of social media and traveler reviews.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Marketers Bill Slawski and Li Evans Join KeyRelevance, SEM Clubhouse
- The Official Non-Attendee's Guide to Conferences, Search Marketing Gurus
- Three Interviews, Six Interesting Web Analytics Questions, Occam's Razor
- Don't Ever Offer Great Service, Great Value or a Great Product, Copywriters Blog Nielsen Finds High Audience Retention And Overlap For Search Engines, Search Engine Land
- An Insider's View Of Google Universal Search, Search Engine Land
- PeekYou: Spock Has Competition, TechCrunch
- Changes to Google's Top Rank Formula, Part 1, ClickZ
- Conversion Rate Basics, ClickZ
- Expanded Broad Match Goes Loco On Local, Search Insider
- Does Yahoo Have Issues with Blogspot Blogs?, Search Engine Guide
- Social Media's Direct Influence on Search Engine Ranking, Search Engine Journal
- Reputation Management You May Be Missing, Vanessa Fox
- The Benefits of Outsourcing Your Company's PPC Management, Karl Ribas
- When Does It Cease to Be Link Marketing And Become Link Spam?, The Link Spiel
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!