Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Tighten the Coupling: Text Ads and Videos
As online videos and their consumption continue ramping up, we should consider this coupling as more than an afterthought.
- "Prom Queen: Summer Heat" – the blinkx interview
Grant Crowell interviews Suranga Chandratillake, founder and CEO of the video search engine blinkx, on their partnership with media studio Vuguru, their exclusive broadcast of the Emmy-nominated video series "Prom Queen," and the future of video content and search.
- Who Makes Your SEO Dream Team
Rhea Drysdale blogged her SEO Dream Team including many of the usual suspects. Who would you pick if limited to a team of seven?
- SEW Experts: In-House Vs. Outsourced: What Is the Best Solution?
Chris Boggs ponders the relationship between in-house and agency search experts, asking the question, "Can't we all just get along?"
- SEW Experts: Crafting a Social Media Strategy Around Travel
Elisabeth Osmeloski tells travel site providers how to take advantage of social media and traveler reviews.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Search Marketers Bill Slawski and Li Evans Join KeyRelevance, SEM Clubhouse
- The Official Non-Attendee's Guide to Conferences, Search Marketing Gurus
- Three Interviews, Six Interesting Web Analytics Questions, Occam's Razor
- Don't Ever Offer Great Service, Great Value or a Great Product, Copywriters Blog Nielsen Finds High Audience Retention And Overlap For Search Engines, Search Engine Land
- An Insider's View Of Google Universal Search, Search Engine Land
- PeekYou: Spock Has Competition, TechCrunch
- Changes to Google's Top Rank Formula, Part 1, ClickZ
- Conversion Rate Basics, ClickZ
- Expanded Broad Match Goes Loco On Local, Search Insider
- Does Yahoo Have Issues with Blogspot Blogs?, Search Engine Guide
- Social Media's Direct Influence on Search Engine Ranking, Search Engine Journal
- Reputation Management You May Be Missing, Vanessa Fox
- The Benefits of Outsourcing Your Company's PPC Management, Karl Ribas
- When Does It Cease to Be Link Marketing And Become Link Spam?, The Link Spiel
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.