Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo to Acquire Behavioral Targeting Ad Network
Yahoo has entered an agreement to acquire BlueLithium, the fifth-largest U.S. ad network, for approximately $300 million in cash.
- Mastering Yahoo Panama
Mona Elesseily, internet marketing strategist with Page Zero Media, just published an informative user's guide for Yahoo Panama.
- Interview with Kevin Ryan of SES
Now that SES San Jose 2007 is past, it seems like a good time to publish the interview Eric Enge did recently with Kevin Ryan.
- Was Google's AP announcement a PR disaster?
Is it conceivable that the folks at Google didn't realize that their deal with AP was going to generate a lot of controversy?
- Don't Sue Over Keywords
When it comes to trademark protection, the lesson from recent court rulings seems to be 'don't sue over keywords.'
- SEW Experts: Optimizing Pages for New and Improved Search Engine Users
Mark Jackson takes a look at changes in the way people search, discussing updated methods for reaching today's search-engine-savvy users.
- SEW Experts: Say "Bah Humbug" to Holiday Marketing Stress
Carrie Hill tells you how to avoid holiday stress by getting a jump start on your holiday marketing campaigns.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google's 10 Oddest Patents, SEO by the Sea
- The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Link Builders, Search Engine Land
- Google Victory In American Blinds Settlement Over Trademark-Triggered Search Ads, Search Engine Land
- Paid Search Ads & Trademarks: A Review Of Court Cases, Legal Disputes & Policies, Search Engine Land
- WSJ Online Revamps Small Biz Content for Better SEO, Broader Appeal, ClickZ
- The Facebook privacy and productivity puzzle, Information World Review
- RockYou Integrates Like.com Image Search Into Slideshows, TechCrunch
- Mahalo's Still Doomed, Scoble's Still Wrong, Traffick
- Evaluating Client Search Marketing Readiness, Online Marketing Blog
- Yahoo Video "Onebox", Google Blogoscoped
- Avatar Branding Consultant, Cornwall SEO
- Avatar Branding Consultant, Search Marketing Gurus
- A Good Accountant or a Blackhat Spammer SEO, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Advanced Linking - Interview With Aaron Wall Of SEOBook.com, Link Juicy
- Ad Blocking: the real issue, Johnon.com
- SES San Jose 2007 write-up, Matt Cutts
- Are You Selling Your Search Data For Pennies, Shoemoney
- Turn "Boring" Into Links Link Links, The Link Spiel
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!