Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo to Acquire Behavioral Targeting Ad Network
Yahoo has entered an agreement to acquire BlueLithium, the fifth-largest U.S. ad network, for approximately $300 million in cash.
- Mastering Yahoo Panama
Mona Elesseily, internet marketing strategist with Page Zero Media, just published an informative user's guide for Yahoo Panama.
- Interview with Kevin Ryan of SES
Now that SES San Jose 2007 is past, it seems like a good time to publish the interview Eric Enge did recently with Kevin Ryan.
- Was Google's AP announcement a PR disaster?
Is it conceivable that the folks at Google didn't realize that their deal with AP was going to generate a lot of controversy?
- Don't Sue Over Keywords
When it comes to trademark protection, the lesson from recent court rulings seems to be 'don't sue over keywords.'
- SEW Experts: Optimizing Pages for New and Improved Search Engine Users
Mark Jackson takes a look at changes in the way people search, discussing updated methods for reaching today's search-engine-savvy users.
- SEW Experts: Say "Bah Humbug" to Holiday Marketing Stress
Carrie Hill tells you how to avoid holiday stress by getting a jump start on your holiday marketing campaigns.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google's 10 Oddest Patents, SEO by the Sea
- The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Link Builders, Search Engine Land
- Google Victory In American Blinds Settlement Over Trademark-Triggered Search Ads, Search Engine Land
- Paid Search Ads & Trademarks: A Review Of Court Cases, Legal Disputes & Policies, Search Engine Land
- WSJ Online Revamps Small Biz Content for Better SEO, Broader Appeal, ClickZ
- The Facebook privacy and productivity puzzle, Information World Review
- RockYou Integrates Like.com Image Search Into Slideshows, TechCrunch
- Mahalo's Still Doomed, Scoble's Still Wrong, Traffick
- Evaluating Client Search Marketing Readiness, Online Marketing Blog
- Yahoo Video "Onebox", Google Blogoscoped
- Avatar Branding Consultant, Cornwall SEO
- Avatar Branding Consultant, Search Marketing Gurus
- A Good Accountant or a Blackhat Spammer SEO, Graywolf's SEO Blog
- Advanced Linking - Interview With Aaron Wall Of SEOBook.com, Link Juicy
- Ad Blocking: the real issue, Johnon.com
- SES San Jose 2007 write-up, Matt Cutts
- Are You Selling Your Search Data For Pennies, Shoemoney
- Turn "Boring" Into Links Link Links, The Link Spiel
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.