Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Understanding the Paid Links Debate
The debate over paid links is complicated. The arguments for and against the practice are often heated, with webmasters defending the practice, and search engines condemning it, in certain cases.
- Windows Live Offering Services Pack
In a move similar to Google Pack, Microsoft is now offering a package of its services and apps through the newly announced Windows Live Services.
- Google Reader Adds Search Box...Finally
It's certainly useful and all, but it just seems so un-Googley that it hasn't had a search box before now.
- Superpages Gets Local Mobile App
Idearc's Superpages.com has launched a mobile version of its local search product, Superpages Mobile for BlackBerry.
- Usability and SEO. Which comes First?
The business of search engines is enhanced by having the most relevant results in their index, and this means that usability matters to them.
- SEW Experts: The Power of Link Building and Public Relations
Justilien Gaspard offers advice for gaining links in local search while creating positive public relations opportunities.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Power Of Branding For Small Business, Part One, Search Engine Land
- Meta Keywords Tag 101: How "Legally" Hide Words On Your Pages For Search Engines, Search Engine Land
- Matt Cutts, Michael Martinez, PageRank, and Link Flow, SEO Theory
- More Local Confusion, Greg Sterling
- Do Web Design Firms Really Know about SEO? So SEO..., WebMama
- Ex Googlers Using Google Lucre to Make Google Competitor, John Battelle
- Three Recent Changes That Could Rock the SEO/SEM World, Metamend
- How to Know the Difference Between an Automated Penalty & a Hand Edit, SEO Book
- It's What You Say AND How You Say It, Part 1 of 2, High Rankings Advisor
- A Quick and Easy Way to Kill Made for AdSense (MFA) Websites, Search Engine Roundtable
- Where are Search Engines Most Likely To Innovate?, SEOmoz
- How to screw your Web site with nofollow, SEO Theory
- Heretical Marketing Posters Part I, Digital Heretix
Last Week to Save on SES London Tickets!
Learn to engage customers and increase ROI by distributing your online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Join the leaders of today's digital marketing & advertising industry at SES London. Find out more ››
*Saver Rates expire this Friday, Dec 13.