Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Search Records Requests under Patriot Act Ruled Unconstitutional
Controversial elements of the Patriot Act were ruled unconstitutional by a federal district court judge.
- AOL announces changes to Netscape
Netscape.com is going back to offering a more traditional news experience, with plans to move the social news site to a new URL.
- Google discusses multimedia ads in Universal Search results
Google executives discussed the possibility of bundling image or video ads into Google Universal Search, during the CitiGroup Technology Conference in New York this past Thursday.
- Omniture Acquires Offermatica
Web analytics company Omniture has agreed to acquire landing page optimization and A/B testing specialist Offermatica for $65 million.
- Uncle Sam Says: Thumbs Down on Net Neutrality
The Department Of Justice (DOJ) has issued comments rejecting any Net Neutrality proposals.
- ShopLocal Adds a Personal Touch
The local product search site will integrate a set of social tools that let users form an identity on the site and share commentary on products.
- SEW Experts: Will Search Marketers Change Their Spots?
Grant Crowell shows you some ways to promote video creation services, and stand out from the pack.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Changes to Google's Top Rank Formula, Part 2, ClickZ
- Exclusive: Screen Shots And Feature Overview of Delicious 2.0 Preview, TechCrunch
- Search In The Year 2010: Part Two, Search Engine Land
- Usability and SEO - Red Light, Green Light, Cre8tive Flow
- Selling Links: what's the worst that can happen?, DaveN
- How Not to Deal With Clients, Bruce Clay Blog
- Methinks Thou Doth Protetht Too Mutch, Traffick
- Tracking Hot Topics On Wikipedia, Search Engine Land
- 5 Tips for Optimizing Images for Search Engines, Search Engine Guide
- Stop stumbling in the dark and let the Power List turn the light on, Cornwall SEO
- Interview of Debra Mastaler, the Link Guru, SEO Book
- Relevance, Importance, and Usefulness, Stone Temple Consulting
- Boost Visibility With XML Sitemap Submission to Ask.com, SEO Speedwagon
- Guest Author: Crawling and Indexing the Web, Alt Search Engines
- The Ultimate SEO Effectiveness Formula, McAnerin Muse
- “There Are No Secrets” and other SEO Myths, Johnon.com
- Outbound Links and Misunderstandings, Fathom SEO
- ZoomInfo and Xing Timidly Stare Down Facebook, SearchAnyway
- 11 Business Benefits of Using Facebook Applications, SEO-space
- When Search Turns Cannibal, Search Insider
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!