Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- TurnHere announces new video distribution partnerships and products
TurnHere, the online video enterprise, announced distribution partnerships with book-centric sites and an enhanced video gadget for improving on the book search experience.
- Overhaul, or Tune-Up at Yahoo?
According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, the "major overhaul" in progress by returning CEO Jerry Yang may turn out to be less than major after all.
- Online PR roundtable finds identifying online influencers is key
There is an important difference between popularity and influence online. There is a tendency for people to over-value popularity and under-value influence.
- Gary Price on Mobile Search
Eric Enge talks with Price about a range of topics, including the decision to not include a search box on the initial screen of Ask's Mobile Search.
- SEW Experts: Everything You Assumed About Search Is About to Change
Matt Spiegel ponders the constant change in the world of search marketing. Sometimes it's as simple as a search engine algorithm update. More often, people drive change by challenging the assumptions we make about search ads.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Usage Data May Be Your Site's Most Valuable Asset, Search Engine Land
- Google Loves Transparent Links & Hit Counter Spam, Search Engine Journal
- The Analytics Project is Complete - Tons of Cool Data & an Interview with Eric Enge, SEOmoz
- Greylock Partners Invests In Stealth Search Engine Cuill, TechCrunch
- SEM, Measure for Measure, ClickZ
- 7 Useful Webmaster Tools Google Stole From You, SEO Book
- Google ripple yesterday, SEO Scoop
- SEOs : The Card Counters of the Internet, Johnon.com
- Real Estate Search Marketing Advice from the RISMedia Real Estate Leadership Conference, Social Media Systems
- Competitive SEO Analysis for Beginners, SEO Theory
- How to Meet the Demand for PPC Talent, PPC Think
- The Day The Links Died, Search Engine Land
- Search Engines & The Illusion of Privacy, Alt Search Engines
- The Wisdom of Search Crowds: Google Research on Datamining Queries, SEO by the Sea
- 25 Signals of Credibility for Marketing Agencies, Online Marketing Blog
- 3 Ways to Get Screwed by Social Media Marketing, SEO Book
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!