Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- TurnHere announces new video distribution partnerships and products
TurnHere, the online video enterprise, announced distribution partnerships with book-centric sites and an enhanced video gadget for improving on the book search experience.
- Overhaul, or Tune-Up at Yahoo?
According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, the "major overhaul" in progress by returning CEO Jerry Yang may turn out to be less than major after all.
- Online PR roundtable finds identifying online influencers is key
There is an important difference between popularity and influence online. There is a tendency for people to over-value popularity and under-value influence.
- Gary Price on Mobile Search
Eric Enge talks with Price about a range of topics, including the decision to not include a search box on the initial screen of Ask's Mobile Search.
- SEW Experts: Everything You Assumed About Search Is About to Change
Matt Spiegel ponders the constant change in the world of search marketing. Sometimes it's as simple as a search engine algorithm update. More often, people drive change by challenging the assumptions we make about search ads.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Usage Data May Be Your Site's Most Valuable Asset, Search Engine Land
- Google Loves Transparent Links & Hit Counter Spam, Search Engine Journal
- The Analytics Project is Complete - Tons of Cool Data & an Interview with Eric Enge, SEOmoz
- Greylock Partners Invests In Stealth Search Engine Cuill, TechCrunch
- SEM, Measure for Measure, ClickZ
- 7 Useful Webmaster Tools Google Stole From You, SEO Book
- Google ripple yesterday, SEO Scoop
- SEOs : The Card Counters of the Internet, Johnon.com
- Real Estate Search Marketing Advice from the RISMedia Real Estate Leadership Conference, Social Media Systems
- Competitive SEO Analysis for Beginners, SEO Theory
- How to Meet the Demand for PPC Talent, PPC Think
- The Day The Links Died, Search Engine Land
- Search Engines & The Illusion of Privacy, Alt Search Engines
- The Wisdom of Search Crowds: Google Research on Datamining Queries, SEO by the Sea
- 25 Signals of Credibility for Marketing Agencies, Online Marketing Blog
- 3 Ways to Get Screwed by Social Media Marketing, SEO Book
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.