Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- AmericanTowns Gets Idearc Backing, Sells LocalSearch.com
IYP publisher Idearc has invested in AmericanTowns, a collection of local city guides, and has purchased the LocalSearch.com domain from AmericanTowns.
- Google Reader Not Yet in Universal Search
A leaked internal Google video shows that there is no plan to integrate Google Reader with Universal Search.
- A Look at the Local Search Landscape
Marchex has published a new primer on the local search space, outlining the landscape of ad providers and publishers.
- Google.org investing in plug-in hybrids
Google's philanthropic arm, Google.org, has issued a call for investment proposals. Specifically, they are looking for entrepreneurs to propose ways to develop plug-in hybrid vehicles.
- SEW Experts: The Search Marketing Human Capital Problem
Kevin Ryan tries to help both HR execs hunting for human "search marketing" resources and SEM pros hunted by executive recruiters. Find out what human capital is worth.
- SEW Experts: Surfers, Crawlers Find Bloated Pages Hard to Digest
Eric Enge discusses page bloat. How fast a page loads still clinches whether a visitor stays or clicks away. Can page bloat also deter search engine crawlers and raise ranking issues?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Hiding The NoFollow from Advertisers on Ad Links, Search Engine Roundtable
- Search Marketers: How Do You Find A Good One?, SEM Geek
- Pronto.com - First Comparison Shopping Service to Offer Social Shoppping, Bill Hartzer
- The Google Butterfly Effect - A Search Engine Chaos Theory, SEO Scoop
- Google Pay Per Action Ads - Fooled me!, Jim Boykin
- Five Reasons to Aim Low When You're Just Learning SEO, Search Engine Guide
- Picture This: Get the Most From Universal Search, Part 1, ClickZ
- Social Media: The Key is Behavior, ClickZ
- Leaked Google Video Discusses Google Reader, Social Efforts, Google Blogoscoped
- Surveying The People Search Landscape, Search Engine Land
- Google Addresses Duplicate Content Issues Caused by URL Parameters, Search Engine Journal
- Why the SEOmoz SEO Quiz Is Completely Wrong, Vanessa Fox
- Top 10 Future Career Paths for Prior SEOs, SEO Chicks
- Pronto.com: The Latest to Join the Social Media Party, The Kelsey Group
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!