Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- AOL Moves Social News from Netscape.com to Propeller.com
According to Netscape, this move is to empower users to choose how they want to consume news.
- The Benefits Centralized SEM Management in Large Organizations
What would you need to do to convince the necessary people in your large organization that a unified, integrated approach to paid search marketing will have a stronger financial impact if centrally managed?
- Using Google's Date Parameters to Find Newly Indexed Pages
Matt Cutts recently posted about better date searching on Google. It was pretty intriguing, because there are some interesting things you can do with this from an SEO perspective.
- blinkx and Utarget partners in online video advertising deal
- Popcorn Search Disappoints
The popcorn lung news has been water-cooler talk around here recently. Of course, I wanted to learn more and entered “popcorn” as my search term. The results were not particularly interesting or relevant to me.
- SEW Experts: I, Google: No Halo for Aggressive Linkers
Sage Lewis asks, "If you were Google, would paid links be tagged as resident evil?"
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Web 2.0 People Search Engines, Search is the Internet OS
- Eleven Tips For Optimizing PDFs For Search Engines, Search Engine Land
- A Short History of Web Analytics, Traffick
- Adapting to the Influence of a Social Media Internet, Cre8pc
- The Biggest Loss from Netscape Social News Becoming Propeller.com, 10e20
- Useful Google feature: better date search, Matt Cutts
- Your Guide To The Google Jet, Search Engine Land
- Google Ports AdWords Listings to Its Mobile Search Product, ClickZ
- Yahoo and Bebo Ink Partnership for U.K. Advertising, ClickZ
- Will Technology Push Local Search Advertising to the Next Level?, ClickZ
- Eons Announces Big Layoffs as Company Refocuses on Social Networking: "It Was Kind of Like Survivor.", Xconomy
- Will The Ad Slowdown Reach The Web?, GigaOm
- 302 Redirects: A Guide to Search-Friendly Usage, SEO Speedwagon
- Women of Internet Marketing Wednesday Part 19, Search Marketing Gurus
- Yahoo Launches 2 New Hacks - Interview with Bradley Horowitz from Yahoo, Read/Write Web
- Making Sense of Linking and Site Promotion, Online Marketing Blog
- Just When You Think Search Misconceptions Can't Get Any Worse..., SEOmoz
- Analysis: Idearc's Purchase of Localsearch.com URL, The Kelsey Group
- BusinessWeek on Openness at Yahoo!, Jeremy Zawodny
- Applying Critical Thinking Skills to SEM, Shaving Occam
- 1 in 5 Marketers Can't Find ROI in SEO - Shame On You, Fathom SEO
- Optimising for E-Commerce –Local is still Global, SEO Chicks
- Optimising for E-Commerce –Local is still Global, Searching Beyond the Paid
- SEO Checklist: Fundamental steps for every SEO campaign, SEO Theory
- Fix Your Facebook Profile Now, Chris Brogan
- The Downside of Social Media (Or Why it Sucks to be on Top), Techipedia
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!