Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Acquires News Aggregator BuzzTracker
Yahoo will use BuzzTracker technology to help improve the breadth and relevancy of Yahoo News content, regardless of the source.
- Affordable video production for search marketers – interview with TurnHere
Founder and CEO Bradley Inman elaborates on project management aspects of preparing online video content for search engine distribution.
- SEW Blog Ranks #3 in AdAge Power 150
Allow me to toot our horn for a moment. Search Engine Watch has been ranked #3 in the AdAge Power 150, a ranking of the top English-language media and marketing blogs in the world.
- Forbes Looks at Click Fraud – and Doesn't Sensationalize It!
Most of the time, when a mainstream media publication writes a story about click fraud, it's filled with sensational attempts to instill FUD.
- SEW Experts: Real World Trumps Online in Local Search
Gregg Stewart reminds you that if you don't know what your customer is doing, your customer will probably end up someplace else. Tracking local search online and offline is key.
- SEW Experts: Baking SEO into a Full Fledged Interactive Work Plan
Chris Boggs discusses where SEO belongs in a strategic online marketing plan. If you think you know the answer, you may be surprised.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- The Power Of Branding For Small Business, Part Two, Search Engine Land
- Improving Google, Joe Duck
- Mahalo - A Powerful Tool in the Right Hands, Odd Time Signatures
- A Crucial SEO Element: Web Site Credibility, Search Engine Land
- Local SEO For Retail Store Locators, Search Engine Land
- Is PageRank Juice the Only Value of a Link?, Search Engine Roundtable
- A Social Media Tool... That You'll Actually Use!, SEOmoz
- Google Is Deathly Strong, Do Not Trust It!, SEO Chicks
- Has Google Shown Their Hand?, YOUmoz
- Six Tips for Building Curiosity and Influence Into Your Search Campaigns, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- First Look….Interactive Local Media, Nov. 28-30, The Local Onliner
- PPC Search and the View-Through Conversion, ClickZ
- Organizing The World's Push Content: The iGoogle Ecosystem, Search Engine Land
- As Yahoo Focuses More On Ad Services, The Portal Remains Central, paidContent
- AOL Embarks On 18-Month European Ad Grab, Starting In Italy, paidContent
- Counting Clicks, Forbes.com
- Webmaster Tools Shows Subscriber Stats, Google Blogoscoped
- Don't Expect Any PageRank Updates, Says Matt Cutts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Funniest Pay Per Click Keyword Mistake Revealed, Bill Hartzer
- Press Releases and Optimization for Search Engines, Search Marketing Gurus
- Search engine markets around the world, Pandia
- A Beginner's SEO Toolbox, Small Business SEM
- Local SEO with Multiple Locales, LocalPoint
- New Sighting: Google's SERP Form "Help Improve Search for Everyone", Unofficial SEO Blog
- Keyword Ranking Reports, DaveN
- Local Search Finally Living Up To Its Promise, Search Engine Land
What's New for 2015?
You spoke, we listened! ClickZ Live New York (Mar 30-Apr 1) is back with a brand new streamlined agenda. Don't miss the latest digital marketing tips, tricks and tools that will make you re-think your strategy and revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Super Saver Rates are available now. Register today!