Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- The Key to Getting Answers: Be Prepared
The obvious way to learn at SES is to attend the sessions. But you can learn a whole lot more by going in with a plan and thinking like a Boy Scout: Be Prepared.
- Archives Mean Ad Dollars
Publishers have always guarded their archives, as one of the last bastions of online, fee-based revenues. But with a search-optimized site, revenue from ads can outweigh subscription fees.
- Google AdSense for Mobile
The program is targeted at people who have created websites targeted at mobile browsers, allowing them to make money on contextual advertising using the same model used by Google on the traditional web.
- SEW Experts: Think Small, Win Big: Social Media Marketing
Carrie Hill asks if social media has arrived, or if it's still middle school for Web sites. See how your small business can make sense of it.
- SEW Experts: Google Dance in Aeon Flux
Mark Jackson explores the "Google Dance." Some SEO experts say the Google don't dance. Others claim the Google Dance never ends. What does it mean for SEM, ranking reports, and site analytics?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Breaking: Yahoo Acquires Zimbra For $350 million in Cash, TechCrunch
- Revisiting Alt Tags, Shimon Sandler
- Why Doesn't SEO Get a Fair Shake?, SEO Space
- Merrill Lynch Conference: AOL Pitches Its New Strategy To The Street, paidContent
- AOL Launches BlueString, TechCrunch
- Nokia Acquires Enpocket to Build Out Mobile Ad Platform, ClickZ
- Mobile Ad Spending Boom on the Horizon, says Myers, ClickZ
- List of Interactive Local Media/SES Local Speakers (Round 1), The Kelsey Group
- Where Am I? The Challenge of Geo-Targeting, LocalPoint
- Search Illustrated: Six Simple Steps For Local Optimization, Search Engine Land
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!