Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Webmaster Tools Update
The Google Webmaster tools announced new changes to Webmaster Tools. The biggest change was the addition of subscriber stats from various Google services.
- Google Makes Brand Advertiser Push
Google has launched a new Gadget Ads format for AdWords advertisers, and picked up an agency vet to boost its offering to brand advertisers.
- SEW Experts: Split Traffic, Raise Conversion Rates, Repeat, Multiply
Eric Enge reminds marketers that site optimization doesn't begin or end with landing page testing. A/B splits don't give marketers splitting headaches anymore. What's the next step? Multiply your variables.
- SEW Experts: Skyrockets In Flight, Google to the Moon?
Kevin Ryan wonders if Google has officially jumped the shark with its outer space projects. Hey Sergey, are you goofing on Elvis? Has Google left the building?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SEO Strategies for Specific Markets, SoloSEO
- Analysis: Idearc Buys Switchboard, Local Onliner
- Large Sites, Small Headaches, ClickZ
- Live.com Gets New Home Page Ahead Of "Searchification" Next Week, Search Engine Land
- The Pros And Cons Of Mobile Marketing, Search Engine Land
- Google Patent on Desktop Search and Implicit Queries Based Upon Active Documents, SEO by the Sea
- Quick security checklist for webmasters, Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Should Media Planners Love Or Hate Google?, The Lonely Marketer
- The Kelsey Group DDC Conference: How do you want your directory listings?, LocalPoint
- An Exhaustive List of Search Engine Based Keyword Research Data, SEOmoz
- 9 Mistakes When Creating Ad Text, PPC Hero
- International Search Engine Marketing and Arbitrage, SEO Book
- SEM Agencies In Crisis? Good!, Rimm-Kaufman Group
- “Face Off” Three Ways to Search for Faces, Alt Search Engines
- What Will Be the Next Internet Link Strategy?, GoodROI
- The Man Responsible for NY Times Going Free, Technology Evangelist
- Top 15 SEO Tools, SEO Position
- Internet Yellow Pages Continues to Grow User Base, ClickZ Stats
- Search Engine Marketing – Optimizing Ad Creative by Conversion and Value, SEM Angel
- Microsoft Gatineau presentation and screen shots!, Web Analytics Demystified
- Rethink Web Analytics: Introducing Web Analytics 2.0, Occam's Razor
- Platform A: Too little too late for AOL?, Forrester's Marketing Blog
Introducing... ClickZ Live!
SES Conference & Expo has merged with ClickZ to bring you ClickZ Live! The new global conference series takes on the identity of the industry's premier digital marketing publication, ClickZ.com, and kicks off March 31-April 3 in New York City. Join the industry's leading tech-advertisers in the advertising capital of the world! Find out more ››
*Super Saver Rates expire Jan 24.