Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Launching New Custom Business Search Engine
The new business edition of custom search comes with a sliding scale price tag.
- Viacom Would Rather Not Sue, Chief Counsel Claims
The chief counsel for Viacom said he hopes that a firm set of usage rules are developed and adhered to.
- Microsoft Having Bad Week, Court Rules Against, Google and Lotus Giving Away Tools
They must be feeling a little punchy at Microsoft this week.
- Google To Stop Preannouncing Quality Score Algorithm Changes
The insights into the changes being made to Google's Quality Score algorithm will no longer be pre-announced - if they are detailed at all.
- Marketing to the U.S. Hispanic Market
Microsoft and MRM Worldwide are participating in an Advertising Week 2007 panel focused on the topic.
- Zillow Lands ex-Googler and Zestimated $30M Follows
Probably sheer coincidence: Zillow has raised another round -- $30 million -- on the heels of ex-Googler Vanessa Fox's arrival in June.
- Is Your Search Integrated Like Chunky Monkey?
Integration in search is like integration of Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavors. If you're in the market for a search vendor, you might have something to learn from the boys in Vermont.
- SEW Experts: Link Building for Local Search
Justilien Gaspard imagines a search engine-free world. Would you still build "links" to increase local traffic? He shares some radical link building strategies for local search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Germany Drives Search a Step Further, ClickZ
- Mobile Search: Changing How Consumers Navigate, ClickZ
- Google Shared Stuff, Google Blogoscoped
- Vetting An Agency: Protecting The Family Jewels, Search Engine Land
- Sorting Out The Mobile Search & SEO Mess, Search Engine Land
- You Can't Automate Search Engine Optimization, Bruce Clay Blog
- Google Gadget Ads excite advertisers and no one else, Valleywag
- Netscape's Propeller is Changing More Than You Might Think, Read/Write Web
- 20 More Ways that Search Engines May Rerank Search Results, SEO by the Sea
- How user friendly are your top internal entry pages?, Jennifer Slegg
- Types of Sites Penalized by AdWords, PPC Discussions
- Dive into Google Analytics: Bounce Rates and Exit Rates, SEOlogs
- DDC Coverage: Yahoo!'s Kay Skeptical About Local Verticals, The Kelsey Group
- Powerset launches Powerset Labs at TechCrunch40, Powerset Blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Register today!