Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Women Execs Have Better Online Presence
An online career survey indicates female executives at the VP and C-levels have a considerably better career presence online than male executives at the same level.
- Google Offers Print Ad Creation Tool
Google Print Ads just became more accessible to small advertisers with the addition of a Print Ad creation tool.
- Google: Search Key to Auto-Buying Cycle
The buying cycle for autos has condensed from up to six months to one month, with 65 percent of buyers making a decision in one month or less.
- Getting Vertical Key to Google's Ad Success
Google hosted an Industry Press Day at its New York offices, inviting mainstream and trade press to learn more about its efforts in five verticals.
- SEW Experts: Think Local, Act Social
Michael Boland asks what bars, lawyers, restaurants and dog washers have in common? Answer: They all meet at the intersection of local and social search.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Lead Gen Is Dead. Long Live Lead Gen!, ClickZ
- The World According to Google, ClickZ
- Zimbra: Why Did Yahoo Buy Them?Read/Write Web
- Google Reminds FTC of Online Advertising's Good Sides, ClickZ
- 23 Community Reactions to the New Digg: Outlook Not Good, Techipedia
- Eye Tracking on Universal and Personalized Search, Search Engine Land
- Google Boasts Display Ads Raise Viewership Online And Off; Credit Crisis Won't Hurt Search Ads, paidContent
- Wikipedia clamps down on 'unreliable' editors, Telegraph
- Google sees Web search less exposed to mortgage woes, Reuters
- Matt Bailey Joins us at Market Motive, Market Motive
- Backlink & Anchor Text SEO Tool Updated - Ninja Style., Jim Boykin
- Cybersquatting – the problem, and solution, for search marketers, Grantastic Designs
- Boost Your Local Search Presence, Search Engine Guide
- Google's New Media Advertising: Get Hip or Get Left Behind, Search Engine Land
- Discover SEO keywords through pay-per-click reports, John Ellis
Upcoming Webinar: PPC Pause and Reflections for 2013
Thursday, December 12 - 2013 was a major turning point in search advertising. With Google's Enhanced Campaigns and Bing's innovative Smart Search capabilities in Windows 8.1, now is a great time to pause, reflect, and plan for the new year. Webinar attendance is free. Sign up today!