Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- IMNY Charity Event Scheduled for October 15
The Internet Marketers of New York are holding a charity event on October 15. The event will help raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Compete Search Analytics Now Live
Compete's pay-as-you-go Search Analytics service, which was announced last month at SES San Jose, is now live.
- DoubleClick Launches Mobile Ad Serving
Like its soon-to-be parent company Google did last week with AdSense for Mobile, DoubleClick today launched a new mobile ad serving product, DoubleClick Mobile.
- Google's Growing Searches? FT(P) That.
Ever FTP'ed a news analysis? Transfer this to Financial Times Piffle file: "Growing Google searches for the right balance."
- Yahoo Under-represented at IAB
One unintended consequence of the departure of Wenda Harris Millard from Yahoo is that Yahoo no longer holds a seat on the board of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
- Interview of Usability Guru Jakob Nielsen
Known as one of the foremost usability gurus in the world, Jakob also has a keen understanding of SEO.
- Google SERPs Promoting Google Book Links
It seems Google search results are promoting the Google Books product.
- SEW Experts: Branding Steers Search Beyond Direct Response
Matt Spiegel discusses the myths of direct response advertising. If CMOs build brands, who does direct response? White mice, search marketers, and Pavlov's dogs?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Utah Rewrites Search Law, But Trademark Registry Remains, ClickZ
- MSN/Atlas Combo Brings Local Video Ads to AP Affiliates, ClickZ
- The Meaning of Search, the Universe, and Everything, ClickZ
- Yes, you can automate SEO - we've done it!
- A Social Network for Google Earth?
- What Obligation Does An SEO Blogger Have?, SEO Scoop
- The 301 Sword For Link Power (AKA Scott's Wholesale T-shirts), Vanessa Fox
- IP Addresses, SEO and Your Site, McAnerin Muse
- Geolocation - Your tool is probably wrong!, McAnerin Muse
- SEM meeting expectations is not good enough., Think About Search
- Live Search at a crossroads: Searchification and beyond, LiveSide.net
- Company Will Monitor Phone Calls to Tailor Ads, NY Times
- Attention Shopping Sites! Generic Content Means Generic Links, Search Engine Land
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!