Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google Trends Now Updated Daily
Google has increased the frequency that it updates its Google Trends service, so that trends are now updated daily, instead of monthly.
- Google to Offer AdWords Conversion Optimizer
Google is making cost-per-acquisition (CPA) based bidding available to AdWords advertisers through a new Conversion Optimizer tool.
- Universal Search Coming to Microsoft's Live Search
A number of new features of Windows Live Search 2.0 are expected to be rolled out on September 26 at Microsoft's Searchification 2007.
- SEW Experts: Roadblocks Sidetrack Search
Aaron Shear explains that diplomacy may be one of the most useful tools in your SEO toolbox. To advance your search marketing strategy, you need to be less SEO and more politico with the head honcho.
- SEW Experts: Top 10 Reasons SEO Rocks: "SEO is Dead" Is Dead
Mark Jackson gives the first half of his list showing that SEO remains alive and well.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Google and Click Forensics Face-off, Marketing Pilgrim
- Preparing Your Company For Universal Search, Evilgreenmonkey
- Compete.com - Search Analytics Review, Search Commander
- Why Universal Search Is Important For Small Business Marketing, The Lonely Marketer
- Unsentimental targeting of Sentiment Analysis, Information World Review
- MySpace's Ad Supported Mobile Site to Target with Profile Data, ClickZ
- Web Analytics 2.0, ClickZ
- Marshall Simmonds on the Opening of the NYTimes' Archived Content and SEO for Major Media Sites, SEOmoz
- Revisiting your linking strategies for a link health check, Jennifer Slegg
- Organizational SEM: Is there somewhere I can plug in?, Finding the Sweet Spot
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!