Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Microsoft Updates Live Search
Microsoft made some significant improvements to Live Search, both to its core search technology and in the vertical search areas of entertainment, shopping, local and health.
- Overview of Microsoft Searchification
Overview of Microsoft Searchification
- Live! From Microsoft Live Search: Trovix Search Found?
Trovix grew up in the Googleplex but would thrive down the road at MS SV Live Search.
- Marchex Connects Its Local-Vertical Network
Today, it launched the hub of its network at OpenList.com, and expanded the network to 150,000 sites.
- Happy Birthday Google
Google is celebrating its 9th birthday today.
- Social media vs. "pre-Web 2.0" portals like Yahoo News
While EmTech panelists were predicting a growing role for community-oriented sites in the media industry, a survey of attendees found the majority rely on traditional news outlets and "pre-Web 2.0" portals like Yahoo News.
- SEW Experts: Knock It Out of the Linkin' Park!
Is the job of an SEO to drum up valueless links, or to be the driver of creative content and content distribution for clients' Web sites?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- More on ‘The Yellow Pages Will Be Toast', The Kelsey Group
- Microsoft to Roll Out New Live Search Today, Marketing Pilgrim
- Google Maps is Local Search, Metamend
- Yahoo! “Passionista” Study Makes Case for Social Media, Search, SearchViews
- MSN Searchification, Oilman
- Ten Timeless Persuasive Writing Techniques, Copyblogger
- Where Digg Fails, Reddit Succeeds, Techipedia
- Five Reasons Why The Mobile Web Sucks, Publishing 2.0
- What's So Scary About Web Site Usability Reviews?, Cre8pc
- The Relevance Delta: Madison Avenue and Google, Optimize & Prophesize
- Search Optimization, Accessibility, and Images: Best Practices, Joe Dolson
- DexKnows Joins the Party, The Kelsey Group
- Drupal and Search Engine Optimization, Stone Temple Consulting
- An Antitrust Analysis of GOOG-DCLK Deal: Search Ads Vs Contextual Ads Vs Display Ads, paidContent
- Picture this - LinkedIn adds profile photos, TechCrunch
- Yahoo/MediaVest: 'Spark' Marketing Empowers 'Passionistas', ClickZ
- Is One Good Web Site Enough for a Local Business?, ClickZ
- Women of Internet Marketing Wednesdays Part 21, Search Marketing Gurus
- Avoiding Clueless-Is As Clueless-Does SEO, Search Engine Land
- Search Fulfillment: Yahoo! is best of breed, Compete blog
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!