Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Podcasts Closing At End Of Month
Another Yahoo service is about to be killed off, with Yahoo closing down its podcast search site on October 31.
- Google Testing Time Elements In Search Results
Time elements could be an interesting filter when dealing with news or blog sites, but beyond that it promotes constantly changing your content.
- Google Hack Gets At Personal Data
Philipp Lenssen has discovered a hack to Google's XSS that allows access to personal data.
- Google-DoubleClick Hearings Get Muddled
Google's potential acquisition of DoubleClick is now under scrutiny by a U.S. Senate Judiciary Subcommittee, and based on yesterday's hearing, the closing of this deal could still be a long way off.
- Microsoft's New Shopping Search
Microsoft's new shopping search offering offers some unique and interesting stuff.
- Got IT? Optimized Code + Crawlability ? SEO
Agencies often must debunk the myth that SEO is all about making a site crawlable, and the thought of bringing an SEO partner into the mix is just a waste of time and money.
- SEW Experts: Content Creation About Journey, Not Destination?
Is creating content really the cornerstone of SEO? If so, do you pay your writers, or do you expect them to write for free?
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- 7 Forgotten Sources of Free Online Competitive Intelligence, SEO-Space
- Whois Directory, a Tool for Brand Defenders, May Be Veiled, ClickZ
- Holiday Budget Jitters: Gut or Double Your Search Budget?, ClickZ
- The Complexity of Closing a Sale, ClickZ
- AOL Is Gussying Itself Up for an Advertising IPO, TechCrunch
- Never Heard of Zingku? Google Now Owns It,Local Mobile Search
- Are related Ads really more effective?, Locally Type
- Navy Bombers attacking Swastika Building, Microsoft Virtual Earth Blog
- Google Punished My Site For Selling Links - NOT!, Jim Boykin
- The fine print: Brookings study on Google-DoubleClick deal funded by MicrosoftAll About Microsoft
- What Is Missing In Your SEO Campaign?, SEO Scoop
- SEO Developments, Challenges and Tactics, Online Marketing Blog
- 10 Steps AOL Should Take to Reinvent the Open Directory Project (DMOZ), Search Engine Journal
- Day 73: The (Sleepy) Attack of the Yahoo Vice Presidents, BoomTown
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.