Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Yahoo Sponsored Listings Allowing Site Blocking
Yahoo announced it is broadening its Traffic Quality Features for its sponsored ads.
- Microsoft Updates Top Ad Algorithm on Live Search
Along with the recent organic ranking improvements Microsoft has made to Live Search, it has also tweaked the algorithm it uses to rank ads.
- Has Change In Google PPC Algorithm Created New Budget Busting Possibilities?
The current cost jumps in cost per clicks at Google may have created a way of pushing a bunch of your less savvy competitors out of the mix.
- Yahoo Calls In Steve Jobs to Inspire VPs
Instead of the rumored mass firing expected to take place at last week's all-day meeting of top Yahoo execs in Sunnyvale, attendees were treated to real goals and concrete plans from company leadership, and a guest appearance from Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
- Yahoo Expands Reach of OneSearch in Europe, Latin America
Yahoo has doubled the reach of its oneSearch mobile search application by partnering with mobile provider Telefonica to make oneSearch the main search service on Telefonica's mobile portals.
- Why Index Size is Important
Size does matter, at least when you're talking about a search engine's index size, up to a certain point.
- SEW Experts: Breaking Down Silos: Specialization With Integration
For any search marketer working with large enterprises or agencies, integration is the toughest job they face. It can make changing bids on thousands of keywords seem like child's play.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- SES Chicago Speaker Updates, Search Engine Strategies Blog
- Give Users (and Search Engines) What They Want, ClickZ
- Microsoft finally unveils its answer to Google Docs, All About Microsoft
- Office Live Workspace: What it can and can't do, Todd Bishop
- Slicing the Local Pie too Thin, Small Business Commando
- Yahoo! Is the Most Fulfilling Search Engine?, SEOmoz
- “Engagement” Is Not A Metric, It's An Excuse, Occam's Razor
- Buzz Continues Re: Brand Perception, Click Fraud, Local Search, Search Insider
- Search Engines, Classifications, and Assignment of Categories, SEO by the Sea
- A Yahoo Approach to Avoid Crawling Advertisement and Session Tracking Links, SEO by the Sea
- Why Relevant Links Are Irrelevant, SEO Chicks
- TechMeme Top 100 is ‘Top 100' of what, exactly?, Ben Metcalfe
- Help! I'm New, I Need Links, What Can I Do?, The Link Spiel
- Being a more relevant business on the Web, SEO Theory
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!