Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Better Search: Libraries or Engines?
Search engines win by a landslide, at least according to current college students.
- Study Shows Many Plan to Spend More on Search in 2008
A significant number of advertisers plan to increase both their search ad spend and SEO budgets next year, according to a MarketingSherpa report.
- iHeard.com: Web Radio Search Engine
A specialized search engine for finding internet radio stations has been launched by Fusa Consumer Search Network.
- Microsoft Acquires Shopping Search Site Jellyfish
Jellyfish acts like a reverse auction through which retailers are ranked according to the amount they agree to lower their prices.
- Yahoo Search Gets Blended, Helpful
Yahoo unveiled significant changes to its search engine, inlcuding the introduction of pre-search query refinement tool Search Assist, and blended search results
- SEW Experts: Top 10 Reasons You Must Do SEO
Many have claimed "SEO is Dead." Here are the final five reasons why that just ain't so.
- SEW Experts: Taking the Offline Business Online
Is your small business hiding offline? There are many ways to make it easier for you to be found in search engine results.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Forecast: Search and Video to Drive Internet Ad Spend, ClickZ
- Educate Your Team: SEO Isn't Voodoo, Search Engine Land
- Brand New Websites: A Search Engine Optimization Company Perspective, Search Engine Guide
- Don't Just Manage Your Reputation, Respond to Your Competitor's, Search Engine Guide
- Management by Embarrassment, Mike Moran
- New Technorati CEO Has A Challenge Ahead, TechCrunch
- Unhappy MSN AdCenter Customer, SEO Scoop
- Social Search - The Potential Impact on the Search Marketing Industry, Online Marketing Blog
- Marketing Case Study: Search Engine Marketing vs. Radio for Local Advertising, Marketing Revisited
- Optimizing A Paid Search Campaign, Search Engine Land
- SMX Local & Mobile Recap, Search Engine Land
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!