Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Future for Kelkoo with Yahoo Cloudy
As Yahoo continues to redefine its business, it may be considering divesting Kelkoo, the European shopping comparison engine purchased in 2004 for $575 million.
- Google Hits Snag in Monetizing Orkut
Google reportedly removed ads from its Orkut social networking service in August after facing complaints filed with a Brazilian advertising body.
- .EDU domains and links
Links from .edu domains are commonly thought to be higher quality links than links from other top level domains.
- Search Ads Fare Poorly in Trust Study
We're disappointed to learn that search ads fared poorly in Nielsen's survey of over 26,000 internet users worldwide.
- SEW Experts: Get Your Web Site in Good Working Order: Google Website Optimizer
GWO is the newest search engine acronym. What does it mean for you?
- SEW Experts: Halo 3 as Meta4 Redux
A bug in Halo 3 has buyers hitting the Web to complain. Microsoft's SERPs are taking the hit.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Needed: A Detailed Picture of Click Quality, Traffick
- Flickr Image Optimization - Go do it!, Rhea Drysdale
- Bloglines Makes Announcements, Including OpenID Support, Read/Write Web
- What Bugs You About Live Search?, Oilman
- ILM:07 Update: Google, Citysearch, Zillow +++, Local Onliner
- Should your site be more like Thomas the Tank Engine?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Is SEO Scalable?, Shaving Occam
- Meeting People at Events, Chris Brogan
- Microsoft's Ballmer Plays Down ‘Faddish' Facebook, Plays Up Ad-Supported Software, paidContent
- SEM Hypochondria, ClickZ
- Fadnation: Why Steve Ballmer Could Be Right, TechCrunch
- Google Says Spam Links Can't Hurt You; Again, Search Engine Roundtable
- When Will We See Display Ads On Search Results Pages?, Search Insider
- Search Friendly PDF, McAnerin Muse
- SEO Myth: Search engines favor large domains, SEO Theory
- Relevance, Relevance, Relevance!, Live Search Blog
- Google's Constitutional Amendment: The Right to Rank as you see fit, Joe Duck
- Google Snippets and the Meta Description Tag, Metamend
- Social Media: A Glorious Timewaster?, SEO Chicks
- Why Mobile Search Is Irrelevant To B2B Marketing, Search Engine Land
Twitter Canada MD Kirstine Stewart to Keynote Toronto
ClickZ Live Toronto (May 14-16) is a new event addressing the rapidly changing landscape that digital marketers face. The agenda focuses on customer engagement and attaining maximum ROI through online marketing efforts across paid, owned & earned media. Register now and save!