Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Future for Kelkoo with Yahoo Cloudy
As Yahoo continues to redefine its business, it may be considering divesting Kelkoo, the European shopping comparison engine purchased in 2004 for $575 million.
- Google Hits Snag in Monetizing Orkut
Google reportedly removed ads from its Orkut social networking service in August after facing complaints filed with a Brazilian advertising body.
- .EDU domains and links
Links from .edu domains are commonly thought to be higher quality links than links from other top level domains.
- Search Ads Fare Poorly in Trust Study
We're disappointed to learn that search ads fared poorly in Nielsen's survey of over 26,000 internet users worldwide.
- SEW Experts: Get Your Web Site in Good Working Order: Google Website Optimizer
GWO is the newest search engine acronym. What does it mean for you?
- SEW Experts: Halo 3 as Meta4 Redux
A bug in Halo 3 has buyers hitting the Web to complain. Microsoft's SERPs are taking the hit.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Needed: A Detailed Picture of Click Quality, Traffick
- Flickr Image Optimization - Go do it!, Rhea Drysdale
- Bloglines Makes Announcements, Including OpenID Support, Read/Write Web
- What Bugs You About Live Search?, Oilman
- ILM:07 Update: Google, Citysearch, Zillow +++, Local Onliner
- Should your site be more like Thomas the Tank Engine?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Is SEO Scalable?, Shaving Occam
- Meeting People at Events, Chris Brogan
- Microsoft's Ballmer Plays Down ‘Faddish' Facebook, Plays Up Ad-Supported Software, paidContent
- SEM Hypochondria, ClickZ
- Fadnation: Why Steve Ballmer Could Be Right, TechCrunch
- Google Says Spam Links Can't Hurt You; Again, Search Engine Roundtable
- When Will We See Display Ads On Search Results Pages?, Search Insider
- Search Friendly PDF, McAnerin Muse
- SEO Myth: Search engines favor large domains, SEO Theory
- Relevance, Relevance, Relevance!, Live Search Blog
- Google's Constitutional Amendment: The Right to Rank as you see fit, Joe Duck
- Google Snippets and the Meta Description Tag, Metamend
- Social Media: A Glorious Timewaster?, SEO Chicks
- Why Mobile Search Is Irrelevant To B2B Marketing, Search Engine Land
Optimising Digital Marketing Campaigns with Search, Social and Analytics
At SES London (9-11 Feb) you'll get an overview of the latest tools, tips, and tactics in Paid, Owned, Earned, Integrated Media and Business Intelligence to streamline your marketing campaigns in 2015. Register by 31 October to take advantage of Early Bird Rates.