Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SEMPO Running In-House Salary Survey
The online survey aims to shed some light on the compensation and common reporting structures of in-house search marketers.
- ComScore Launches Search Marketing Intelligence Service
Market research firm comScore has launched a search marketing-specific intelligence service, comScore Marketer.
- Microsoft Adds SEM Services to Office Live
Microsoft has added a search engine marketing offering to the suite of services available to its Microsoft Office Live Small Business subscribers.
- Blind Person Suing Target For No Alt Tags
What started as a student suing target.com this time last year, has now grown into a class action lawsuit.
- Krugle Announces Deal with IBM
IBM will incorporate Krugle search within IBM's developerWorks site.
- SEW Experts: Link Value: Top Rankings, Secrets and Lies - Part 1
Consider these simple techniques and strategies to help determine the value of a link.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Local Targeting for your PPC campaigns, RedBoots Digital Rodeo
- http://hamletbatista.com/feed/, Bruce Clay Blog
- Stay off the LSI bandwagon, HuoMah.com
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Website Copy, Michael Fortin
- The "My Hyperlink Can Beat Your Hyperlink" Contest, GrokDotCom
- The Best Damn On-Page Optimization Process Checklist, Period, Search Engine Guide
- Optimize Yourself for Search Marketing Employment and Recruiting, Search Engine Journal
- Raising The Organizational Visibility Of The Search Marketing Function, Search Engine Land
- House May Conduct Hearings on Google/DoubleClick Deal, ClickZ
- Don't Forget the Map, ClickZ
- Link Building Strategy Options for 2007 and 2008, SEO-space
- Dear Small Business Owners: Put Down Your Ranking Reports, Small Business SEM
- Searching for Better On-Site Search Usability, E-Marketing Performance
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!