Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- SEMPO Running In-House Salary Survey
The online survey aims to shed some light on the compensation and common reporting structures of in-house search marketers.
- ComScore Launches Search Marketing Intelligence Service
Market research firm comScore has launched a search marketing-specific intelligence service, comScore Marketer.
- Microsoft Adds SEM Services to Office Live
Microsoft has added a search engine marketing offering to the suite of services available to its Microsoft Office Live Small Business subscribers.
- Blind Person Suing Target For No Alt Tags
What started as a student suing target.com this time last year, has now grown into a class action lawsuit.
- Krugle Announces Deal with IBM
IBM will incorporate Krugle search within IBM's developerWorks site.
- SEW Experts: Link Value: Top Rankings, Secrets and Lies - Part 1
Consider these simple techniques and strategies to help determine the value of a link.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Local Targeting for your PPC campaigns, RedBoots Digital Rodeo
- http://hamletbatista.com/feed/, Bruce Clay Blog
- Stay off the LSI bandwagon, HuoMah.com
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Website Copy, Michael Fortin
- The "My Hyperlink Can Beat Your Hyperlink" Contest, GrokDotCom
- The Best Damn On-Page Optimization Process Checklist, Period, Search Engine Guide
- Optimize Yourself for Search Marketing Employment and Recruiting, Search Engine Journal
- Raising The Organizational Visibility Of The Search Marketing Function, Search Engine Land
- House May Conduct Hearings on Google/DoubleClick Deal, ClickZ
- Don't Forget the Map, ClickZ
- Link Building Strategy Options for 2007 and 2008, SEO-space
- Dear Small Business Owners: Put Down Your Ranking Reports, Small Business SEM
- Searching for Better On-Site Search Usability, E-Marketing Performance
Introducing SES Online
Want to view one of the sessions you missed or listen to an especially informative presenter a second time? SES New York sessions are available for purchase on ClickZ Academy's new e-Learning site. SES is now Online!