Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Discussion with Sep Kamvar About Gadgets
While Sep is well known for his work on personalization at Google, he also works on another area, that of Google gadgets.
- Report: Online Ad Growth Slowing
During the first six months of 2007, online ad revenues grew by 26.4 percent over the same period last year to nearly $10 billion, a slower growth rate than the year before.
- SEW Experts: Is Optimization Key to Local Video Ads?
Internet Yellow Pages (IYP) providers have the customers and sales infrastructure to succeed at selling local video ads. But so far, they're overlooking the search optimization component.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Has Bid Management Become Obsolete?, ClickZ
- "Target" Blind Accessibility to Boost Conversion, GrokDotCom
- Disincentives For Gaming The TechMeme Leaderboard, Publishing 2.0
- Sometimes It's Just A Damn Link!, The Link Spiel
- Nobody Wants To Admit The Problem With Local Is The Lack Of SEO, Convert Offline
- The Other Problem with Local Search: Location, Small Business SEM
- Insight from a truly local perspective, LocalPoint
- Topix Refocuses on Place Bloggers and UGC, The Kelsey Group
- Is Your Paid Seach Vendor Ignorant (or Incompetent)?, SEO'Brien
- SEO Myth: All Reciprocal Links Are Bad, SearchRank
- Major Relevancy Changes at MSN, Yahoo, & Possibly Google, SEO Book
- The Necessary Evolution of Linkbait, Search Engine Journal
- Should Designers Know SEO?, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Sheep are Baaaaaaad, SEO Chicks
- What's More Important in Web Search: the Algorithm or the UI?, Software Abstractions
- From No to Know – How to Get Started in SEO/Marketing Copywriting, E-Marketing Performance
This Year's Premier Digital Marketing Event is #CZLSF
ClickZ Live San Francisco (Aug 11-14) will bring together the industry's leading online marketing practitioners to deliver 4 days of educational sessions and training workshops. From Data-Driven Marketing to Social, Mobile, Display, Search and Email, the comprehensive agenda will help you maximize your marketing efforts and ROI. Register today!