Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Discussion with Sep Kamvar About Gadgets
While Sep is well known for his work on personalization at Google, he also works on another area, that of Google gadgets.
- Report: Online Ad Growth Slowing
During the first six months of 2007, online ad revenues grew by 26.4 percent over the same period last year to nearly $10 billion, a slower growth rate than the year before.
- SEW Experts: Is Optimization Key to Local Video Ads?
Internet Yellow Pages (IYP) providers have the customers and sales infrastructure to succeed at selling local video ads. But so far, they're overlooking the search optimization component.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Has Bid Management Become Obsolete?, ClickZ
- "Target" Blind Accessibility to Boost Conversion, GrokDotCom
- Disincentives For Gaming The TechMeme Leaderboard, Publishing 2.0
- Sometimes It's Just A Damn Link!, The Link Spiel
- Nobody Wants To Admit The Problem With Local Is The Lack Of SEO, Convert Offline
- The Other Problem with Local Search: Location, Small Business SEM
- Insight from a truly local perspective, LocalPoint
- Topix Refocuses on Place Bloggers and UGC, The Kelsey Group
- Is Your Paid Seach Vendor Ignorant (or Incompetent)?, SEO'Brien
- SEO Myth: All Reciprocal Links Are Bad, SearchRank
- Major Relevancy Changes at MSN, Yahoo, & Possibly Google, SEO Book
- The Necessary Evolution of Linkbait, Search Engine Journal
- Should Designers Know SEO?, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO Sheep are Baaaaaaad, SEO Chicks
- What's More Important in Web Search: the Algorithm or the UI?, Software Abstractions
- From No to Know – How to Get Started in SEO/Marketing Copywriting, E-Marketing Performance
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates available through Sept 12. Register today!