Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Matt Cutts Interview
Eric Enge recently sat down with Matt Cutts, Google spam-fighter extraordinaire.
- Yahoo's Sale Of Overture Japan Questioned
The price of $13 million seems low, and the decision to sell the PPC engine of the largest search engine in Japan seems interesting.
- GPhone a Linux-based Mobile OS?
While rumors of a mobile device in the works by Google pop up every few weeks, those speculators may be off the mark.
- AP Examines Growth Directions Of Major Search Engines
The AP sees the retention times of the engines to be declining - with the exception of Google - and that all of them are reaching out to vertical portals and other means of grabbing larger audience share.
- Ask.com Providing Celebrity Search Info For Entertainment Tonight
Ask.com are sponsoring "celebrity search" on the Entertainment Tonight TV show.
- SEW Experts: Getting a Jump on the Business Intelligence Imperative
There's gold in all that business intelligence you possess, and it's the key to besting your competitors.
- SEW Experts: Machines in Translation: Do MT Engineers Dream of Selectric Sheep?
The battle for search engine supremacy in machine translation rages on.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Mastering Yahoo's Panama, ClickZ
- RIP, PPC, ClickZ
- Google raises temperature of health information market, Information World Review
- Breaking Up Is Too Hard for Yahoo to Do, NYT Bits
- Intel Launches Digg Clone For Software, TechCrunch
- A Way to Find Your Corner of the Internet Sky, NY Times
- Official: Selling Paid Links Can Hurt Your PageRank Or Rankings On Google, Search Engine Land
- Improving Your Conversion Rate is FAR More Important Than Driving More Traffic, PPC Think
- Social media frenzy may kill high quality content. Somebody fix this!, Joe Duck
- Google Determining Search Authority Pages and Propagating Authority to Related Pages, SEO by the Sea
- A Comprehensive Guide to Hidden Text & Search Engines, SEOmoz
- SEO has a bad reputation - So What?, Exposure Online
- Choosing Keywords for Local SEO, LocalPoint
- MSN Video Boosts Features; Sets Sight on Local, The Kelsey Group
- Some Interesting and Useful Yelp Features, Screenwerk
Early Bird Rates have been extended!
June 12-14, 2013: Join industry experts at SES Toronto for a crash course in the latest strategies in Online Marketing and Advertising.
Save $300 when you register by Thursday, May 23.