Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Matt Cutts Interview
Eric Enge recently sat down with Matt Cutts, Google spam-fighter extraordinaire.
- Yahoo's Sale Of Overture Japan Questioned
The price of $13 million seems low, and the decision to sell the PPC engine of the largest search engine in Japan seems interesting.
- GPhone a Linux-based Mobile OS?
While rumors of a mobile device in the works by Google pop up every few weeks, those speculators may be off the mark.
- AP Examines Growth Directions Of Major Search Engines
The AP sees the retention times of the engines to be declining - with the exception of Google - and that all of them are reaching out to vertical portals and other means of grabbing larger audience share.
- Ask.com Providing Celebrity Search Info For Entertainment Tonight
Ask.com are sponsoring "celebrity search" on the Entertainment Tonight TV show.
- SEW Experts: Getting a Jump on the Business Intelligence Imperative
There's gold in all that business intelligence you possess, and it's the key to besting your competitors.
- SEW Experts: Machines in Translation: Do MT Engineers Dream of Selectric Sheep?
The battle for search engine supremacy in machine translation rages on.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Mastering Yahoo's Panama, ClickZ
- RIP, PPC, ClickZ
- Google raises temperature of health information market, Information World Review
- Breaking Up Is Too Hard for Yahoo to Do, NYT Bits
- Intel Launches Digg Clone For Software, TechCrunch
- A Way to Find Your Corner of the Internet Sky, NY Times
- Official: Selling Paid Links Can Hurt Your PageRank Or Rankings On Google, Search Engine Land
- Improving Your Conversion Rate is FAR More Important Than Driving More Traffic, PPC Think
- Social media frenzy may kill high quality content. Somebody fix this!, Joe Duck
- Google Determining Search Authority Pages and Propagating Authority to Related Pages, SEO by the Sea
- A Comprehensive Guide to Hidden Text & Search Engines, SEOmoz
- SEO has a bad reputation - So What?, Exposure Online
- Choosing Keywords for Local SEO, LocalPoint
- MSN Video Boosts Features; Sets Sight on Local, The Kelsey Group
- Some Interesting and Useful Yelp Features, Screenwerk
The Original Search Marketing Event is Back!
SES Denver (Oct 16) offers an intense day of learning all the critical aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) and paid search advertising (PPC). The mission of SES remains the same as it did from the start - to help you master being found on search engines. Early Bird rates extended through Sept 19. Register today!