Want a snapshot of the day's search marketing news? Here we've collected today's top news stories posted to the Search Engine Watch Blog, along with search-related headlines from around the Web:
From the SEW Blog:
- Google AdSense for Video
Video Units allow publishers to incorporate YouTube videos onto their site, while monetizing them through the AdSense program.
- ReachLocal Scores $55M Funding
The local search fulfillment agency offers advertisers packages of local ads from Google, Yahoo, MSN, Superpages and others, sold through its own local sales forces.
- Yahoo Panama Morphing Into Google
Yahoo is changing to the max bid and quality score method of bid pricing in Sweden. Is Yahoo starting to look a lot like Google's little brother?
- SEW Experts: How to Avoid Hiring a Bad SEO
Do you know the tell tale signs of an inept search engine optimizer or SEO company trying to pull a fast one?
- SEW Experts: How to Avoid Seasonal Search Ranking Wreckage
Search engine traffic is always unpredictable. From algo updates playing havoc with organic rankings to quality score changes flummoxing your paid listings. The impact of these changes are especially critical around the holidays.
Headlines & News from Elsewhere:
- Decision Making: The Death of Intuition?, ClickZ
- Why Search Marketing Is So Hard, Online Marketing Blog
- Google Clarifies its Stance on Hidden Text, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google's 'My library' - another Google trainwreck., Phil Bradley
- How To Brand Your Marketing Consulting Firm, The Lonely Marketer
- SEO In-house Spotlight: Bill Macaitis with Fox Interactive Media, Search Engine Journal
- Search Marketing Strategy: Don't Look Like a Duck?, Traffick
- Landing Pages, SEO and PPC, SEM Angel
- When Link Building Is Pointless, Search Engine Land
- The Paid Links Industry Needs To Go Underground, SearchRank
- Google's Orkut: A World of Ambition, BusinessWeek
- Rubicon Project Launches: A Network of Ad Networks, TechCrunch
- Updates Great and Small, Yahoo Search Marketing Blog
- Facebook Flyer test results, Groundswell
- Will Google Renew Ad Deal With Ask.com?, Search Engine Land
- ReachLocal Grabs Huge Round for Local Sales, Screenwerk
- Googlers Analyze Mobile Search Data, Search Engine Roundtable
- Michael Gray Interview: Advanced Link Strategies, LinkJuicy
- NoFollow is for Blog Spam...no Paid Text Links, wait...Paid Ads...Aww Heck, Just Stop Linking and Let Calacanis Decide the Rankings - Part One, Search Engine Guide
- Hey Shari Thurow - Stop Sterotyping SEOs, Sugarrae
Meet Your Favorite Search Engine Watch Contributors
Many of SEW's leading expert contributors will be at ClickZ Live, the new online and digital marketing event kicking off in New York (March 31-April 3). Hear from the likes of: Thom Craver, Josh Braaten, Lisa Barone, Simon Heseltine, Josh McCoy, Lisa Raehsler, Greg Jarboe, Dan Cristo, Joseph Kerschbaum, John Gagnon, Eric Enge and more!